Server Problems

orange

this problem is getting me nuts ....

i got a home network 2 pc's one win Xp and the other win 2000 advanced server linkedu p to eachother throughout a netgear Rp114 router witch is directly connected to the internet when im trying to set up a server G6 server ik only makes a local server ip 192.168.0.4 (my pc) but how can i setup the server for acces to my pc from my work i did try with monitor dynamic ip changes but no efect i did even try with multi ip settings where i did add my internet ip but still this msg

13/02/2003 21:16:28 - FTP Server On-line : IP(s) 192.168.0.4, on port 21

:s

how could i get the ftp server to acces the internet

scheme of my home network

Internet(lan 512KbCable)

|

|

ROUTER (netgear rp 114)(192.168.0.1)

| --------- |

| --------- |

192.168.0.4 -> PC 1---- pc 2 ->192.168.0.2

------ is to keep it a scheme :)

maybe someone could help me ill try all thing xept del windows install linux :D or format the **** pc or trash it (this is my second one in 5 months time so i will not trash this pc also ....)

thnx already :rolleyes:

Sign up for an account at "No-IP.com". Pick a sub-domain thingy and download the updater. Setup your machine so it can accept "Remote Desktop" connections. To do this, go right-click on My Computer, go to properties, go to "Remote" tab, and check the "Allow user to connect remotely to this computer". Now press "OK". Setup your router so that port 3389 is open on the computer you want to connect to, there is an example of what it should sort of look like at the bottom of this post. (Your IP address should be "192.168.0.4" instead of "192.168.1.100") Now go to work, open up "Remote Desktop", and fill in the blanks...Your domain should be the address you picked at "No-IP.com".

Here's what your router setting should sort of look like:

ports-remote.gif