Anybody use ink refilling kits?

KamiQuazi

I have a HP Officejet 5510 All-in-One (the whole Scanner, Printer, Faxer, Copier) and i decided to try ink refills... Has anyone used them before, and do u like them, and would u go continue to refill over than buying new cartleges...

:blink:

Sorry 'bout the bad spellin'

That doesn't sound too good... but thank god i have hard wood flooring... but i regret that in the morning with the cold feet i get... lol... I used it 2nite, I would strongly recommend Black refills... but when it comes to COLOR leave it alone and go buy a cartlegde...

B)

@ Dirtwarrior:

What printer do u use? On my officejet i have to reset the actual ink cartledge... want me to upload the diagram? I have to do it before my printer will actually read the cartiledge is full... What a bummer....

:angrym:

@ Dirtwarrior:

Do u know what the Ink cartidges number is? My ink is Black (56) and Color (57) well ain't i lucky?)

EDIT: Uploading Pictures

Edited by lostincyberspace2007

lostincyberspace2007

I am at work now but when I get home I will tell you #. Refill kits are not created equal the ones marked universal are crap. I will send you the web site of the 1 I use. This 1 is complete some cartridge uses plastic needles because of diaphram in it, some uses metal needles, some you have to create a vacume to contain the ink, and some are vented. Each 1 is different.

Or... if you want to save money on ink, get a laser printer. If you print out a lot of documents, it's really a good investment. A little steep initially (~$200 CAD), but the price per page is far lower than that of an inkjet printer.

I only use my inkjet printer for printing out pictures and images, and I haven't had to replace the cartridges yet. My original toner cartridge that came with my Samsung ML-1740 has printed about 1500 pages so far, and hasn't shown any signs of letting up yet. $20 refills on eBay for 7000 pages = :thumbup