why access is denied ?

grafx1

I have this exact same problem.  I've tried everything, but nothing seems to want to fix it... :(

After months and months of searching and punching myself, I have found the solution to my problem:

http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/07/rest...our-server.html

Since the Guest account is equivalent to anonymous access, the restrictanonymous setting can likewise interfere with Guest access.

And, in at least one case which I have observed, the restrictanonymous setting can interfere with name resolution.

Look at registry key (spaces added for readability) [HKLM \System \CurrentControlSet \Control \Lsa], value restrictanonymous, on any server with either problem.

For anonymous access to work (for any server to be enumerated by a browser, or for Guest authentication to take place), a server must have a restrictanonymous value of "0". If the value on your server isn't "0", change it and restart the server.

Worked for me! Hopefully it will work for you! :D

Also, I just realized this topic was in the wrong forum...

[ Topic moved. ]

Edited by gamehead200

I have this exact same problem.  I've

Look at registry key (spaces added for readability) [HKLM \System \CurrentControlSet \Control \Lsa], value restrictanonymous, on any server with either problem.

For anonymous access to work (for any server to be enumerated by a browser, or for Guest authentication to take place), a server must have a restrictanonymous value of "0". If the value on your server isn't "0", change it and restart the server.

Worked for me! Hopefully it will work for you! :D

Also, I just realized this topic was in the wrong forum...

[ Topic moved. ]

WOW...You are brilliant gamehead200...You are brilliant... :thumbup

How can i thank you?

Also, i'd like to thank all the guys here for their time and support. :D