Network connection drops running VISTA

jabbermacy

Running two PCs off a d-link router. When I run VISTA I get 'network cable unplugged' on BOTH machines connected to the router. Anybody else?

(ps. VISTA says it recognizes the router - that's when network goes south...)

Acutally, do u mean "unplugged" as both PCs aren't able to surf on Net, or u mean the two local PCs weren't able to stay connected, leading u to unable to share files between the two?

am i correct? cuz i'm having that problem.

Hi,

I have a U.S. Robotics Broadband Router; I can connect to it's administration page (web page), but I can't acces the internet (nothing !). Actually I can't even ping the external interface (my public IP address). The ping command gives me an error when I ping an adress beyond the router (can't remember right now err number)

Anyone else same bad experience ?

Running two PCs off a d-link router.  When I run VISTA I get 'network cable unplugged' on BOTH machines connected to the router.  Anybody else?

(ps. VISTA says it recognizes the router - that's when network goes south...)

Have you set up the network/wireless? If not, you have to run the network setup wizard. By the way, Windows Vista may not be able to run the network setup wizard because of a missing .dll file: hnetwiz.dll. All you have to do if this is the case is do a google search and download that .dll file and copy into your windows/system 32 folder.

• 1 month later...
Have you set up the network/wireless? If not, you have to run the network setup wizard.  By the way, Windows Vista may not be able to run the network setup wizard because of a missing .dll file: hnetwiz.dll.  All you have to do if this is the case is do a google search and download that .dll file and copy into your windows/system 32 folder.

thnx, i was wondering y i got an error every time i was trying to open the wizard