Windows XP...

Raz_

Well Does Anybody Remember Windows 3.1??? Not Exactly No... Many People, Including Myself Never Got To Use It, Obviously Because It Went Out of Style, But Back Then, Windows 3.1 Was The Windows OS of Tommorow!

I Don't Know How Long I'll Stay With Windows XP, With Windows Vista Coming Out Soon... But Windows Vista Isn't As Good As I'd Expect It To Be... It Uses Up Alot of Valuable Computer Resources...

Well Enough of My Random Talk... Just Speaking Randomly Like I Always Do... :huh::blink::angry::}

I used Win 3.11 a while, but I didn't like it very much, so I managed my things with Dos Navigator. ;)

Win95 OSR-2 was a wonderful OS until Win98SE came along. I used it until WinXP+SP1 came out and I liked that too. Now I'm using Win2k3+SP1 and I love it. Vista...? I'll wait 'till WinFS will be implemented (probably SP1). IF they will implement WinFS in SP2 of Win2k3 I'll never switch to Vista. ;)

If Windows 95 is any indication of anything, combined with the fact that the difference in hardware speed is becoming less and less obvious, I have a feeling Windows XP will be around for at least 10 years. I personally will not move to Vista unless I REALLY REALLY have to. I love Windows XP and will be buried with it if I have to. :blink:

windows xp will be around for a long time for one reason

it WORKS

all of the previous MS OS's (exception of 98SE) stink hard

98SE, however old it is, if used sparingly by an undemanding user and with adequate protection, will run forever.

email and internet and solitaire? 98se is for you! :P

after loading vista b1 myself, and all the problems I ran into..(im sure theyll get fixed)..its just not THAT much better than xp, and runs alot slower than xp on my athlonxp 3200 with 2gig ram

should be called win nt 5.3, not 6

sure there are alot of cool features, but there are many totally free 3rd party programs that do a better job at whatever (except ms antispyware which rocks)

its up to each user, but honestly microsoft needs to lower prices on it's OS's

or really need to make pro version FOR professionals versus now just being a 'complete' windows (as home is slimmed down abit)