Sharp 23M1U

hammermtl

Hey guys

I'm looking to get a nice big lcd moniter / TV

what do you think about the Sharp 23M1U ?

Specs

Any comments would help

Also what would be the best thing for recording more than one show at once from a tv tuner card?

Thanks

Josh

Hi, the specs are quite nice and you get HDTV with it too which is a nice bonus.

550:1 contrast ratio which is nice for a monitor that size, how ever either im blind, or it doesnt list the viewing angle specs?

Viewing angles are quite important, especially on this model as it doubles as a TV and people will be viewing it from other angles than straight on.

Viwing angles on most LCD's are quite poor, and viewing angles seem to get worse as the response time gets faster. For instance the TN film panel used in alot of 8ms desktop LCD's - it sacrafices viewing angle for response time.

It doesnt actually say what panel it uses either.

all in all it looks pretty good, if you can find out those two pieces of information then it could help your dicision more.

Not sure on the tv tuner question sorry. I know alot of people use a program called Dscaler though but I think this is just for image quality improvement.

Edited by Mekrel

http://www.sharpsystems.com/products/lcd_m....asp#classifier

ya its a good monitor, 176 and 176 viewing angle, thats nice, most lcd's re around 150-160

edit:

just looking at newegg and i found this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824022001

check out more there if u want to

Edited by ripken204