Sound Blaster

medicsix

good luck- Creative doesn't have that available for download- as far as I know you'll have to contact them.

I did an ISO for a friend @ 526 meg, and rar'd it down to 428 meg.

*Edit: I'm not sure of the legality of making a torrent or making it available for public downloads- CL may not like that!

Edited by k0pect8

hmm... this may work??

Audigy & SoundBlaster Live! Driver CD 5.12.01.0244 386.1 meg

There's also an alternative open-source driver, but I can't remember the name. It starts w/a "K" I believe, and also, I've never tried them.

-or-

try this (found via Google):

Install w/o CD

HTH!

Let us know if you're able to use these/make them work, so others can try it.

Edited by k0pect8

The first link you gave me was for sound blaster but not my card the second was an advertisement for windows for dummies,Thanks for your efforts, I have thought about buying another card like it on Ebay then I'd have two but I'll keep lookin.

Well, the first link simply states the Live! card as well as the Audigy1, so I thought that would do for ya. Especially based on the size of the file.

If you click the link for the developer (Creative) you'll get more driver options.

As for the 2nd link, did you scroll down a little? The top of the page shows adverts for me also, but scrolling down will show the article. You'll have to follow links for next steps.

This method should work for your version as well even though it states Audigy.

first off, IMHO, creative's drivers are crap! then their idea of having to hang on to the original install CD (because of some 1/2 baked hacking prevention scheme to take one installer and modify it to get more functionality out of a cheaper card) is another joke. anyway, if you're reasonably tech savvy and don't mind some tinkering, these drivers will provide a huge improvement and much more functionality over the creative stuff: kxProject

Those are the drivers I was trying to remember: kXproject. (Thx, atomizer!) But, if you Google, there are articles to use the Audigy drivers for Live! cards, as atomizer indicates in his post above.

yeah, there are several firmware and other hacks that can be applied to "cheaper" creative cards to give them the functionality of more expensive cards. it's not long ago that i started playing around with firmware and i'm learning that many hardware products can be forced to use different firmware. often the hardware is identical, it's just that the vendor decides to help profits, or spit out a "new" product to compete with the competition. i'm all for the vendor turning a profit, unless i have a reason to dislike their products, ethics, etc., in which case, in my book, all is fair. creative is one of those vendors. people have been complaining about their drivers forever.

these type of "hacks" work with quite a few video cards and who knows what else. linksys is another canidate for hacked firmware. so are cell phones.