IE 7.0 Beta 1 unattended

Here are some steps that got IE7 running on XP SP2, without installing it.

First extract the IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe file using something like winrar. Then go to the folder you just extracted and delete the file SHLWAPI.DLL and the folder Update. Then open notepad and just save a blank file in notepad as IEXPLORE.exe.local . Then you will be able to run the iexplore.exe.

Thanks, but do you know how it can use its own settings? It uses the "Internet Options" from IE6, which don't include Tab Settings for example.

not really... i think is just a method to run ie7 to see how it is. is not an installation.... so that's why is using ie6 properties....even if u go to help>about ie will show up as ie6. if u wanna have all features then install it. or better wait for new nlite, nuhi said it will support full integration without checking if your xp is genuine.... :P

The Hacked method works fine, but update does NOT support /q /n /z switches, you can try place the update.exe with a older version of it, I tried extacting the update.exe file from KB873333.exe and replace it, it works fine for me without prompting for WGA, and the /q /z switches works perfect