Microsoft Update - Genuine Windows Validation Tool

TNX all

@Gee: I tested yr method on 2 PC's, i could disable the WGA in "Manage Add-Ons" BUT can't get it writen in the registry.

@Nilfred: Saved it as WGA.reg and launched it... IT WORKS  :thumbup

BTW on one of my PC's, the "Automatic Updates" is disabled and grey. I'm not enable to select anything. (see image bellow).

th_ff8_WindowsUpdate.jpg

Is there anyhow to reactivate my Automatic updates???

Regards

coucou

Using my method should add the registry entry. Try looking at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

TNX Gee for yr kind help.

Be precise! Where in HKEY_CURRENT_USER?? They arz thousands of keys!

Any way I solved the Automatic updates reactivating problem. It was a very old utility described as "Messenger automatic update disable". In fact, it disable all Automatic updates MS WinXP included.

Regards

coucou

TNX Gee for yr kind help.

Be precise! Where in HKEY_CURRENT_USER?? They arz thousands of keys!

Any way I solved the Automatic updates reactivating problem. It was a very old utility described as "Messenger automatic update disable". In fact, it disable all Automatic updates MS WinXP included.

Regards

coucou

Sorry, I should have been more clear

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700}]
"Version"="*"
"Flags"=dword:00000001

This will only appear if you Disable the Active X Plugin thru the Manage Add Ons

• 6 months later...

Dear friends, if you want disable WGA, but it's unavailable... You should delete this registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Ext\CLSID]

"{17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700}"

TNX all

@Gee: I tested yr method on 2 PC's, i could disable the WGA in "Manage Add-Ons" BUT can't get it writen in the registry.

@Nilfred: Saved it as WGA.reg and launched it... IT WORKS :thumbup

BTW on one of my PC's, the "Automatic Updates" is disabled and grey. I'm not enable to select anything. (see image bellow).

th_ff8_WindowsUpdate.jpg

Is there anyhow to reactivate my Automatic updates???

Regards

coucou

You might have a policy disabling AU.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]

• 2 weeks later...
Google for LegitCheckControl.DLL 1.5.512.0 download & copy to Windows/System32 works 100% 15th March 2006

FYI that is not significant on a fresh install as that version of WGA needs some registry entries to be identified correctly :) It's all in previous posts.

• 1 month later...

If you are legal and/or can do without this garbage, but still want to install the "update", just find a "fixed" file, run modifype on that file, extract the original update exe file contents using winrar, swap the original file with the fixed file and rebuild the exe with winrar or simular app. This will run the update as usual but will install the fixed file instead. No nags and doesnt show as needed to be installed on Windows Update.

I have a Legal version of XP but still I designed a fixed version of the KB905474 Update..... Bye Bye Nags.... lol

Legal versions do not require a Fix, the update installs and then unloads once it has verified your copy is legit.

It is only the illegal versions that have the nag.