Computer Wiz

PhelonOne87

I really like computers and i would like to know anywhere online where i can learn from home step by step things for having a career in Computer technology im in 12th Garde graduating in 2006 from high school and want to go to college for computer career can anyone recommend anything?

Nothing will teach you more then reading and trying it out. Pick things you want to learn about and either buy books related to the matter or search online. There's LOADS of information online for everything.

Sure, there's lots of calculations involved in computers. Especially if you do programming or networking.

Networking involves a LOT of math when you do subnetting and programming, sometimes physics comes in useful as well.

This is a distance calculation between two points on the earth using longitude and lattitude data:

using System;
//:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
//:::                                                                         :::
//:::  This routine calculates the distance between two points (given the     :::
//:::  latitude/longitude of those points). It is being used to calculate     :::
//:::  the distance between two ZIP Codes or Postal Codes using our           :::
//:::  ZIPCodeWorld(TM) and PostalCodeWorld(TM) products.                     :::
//:::                                                                         :::
//:::  Definitions:                                                           :::
//:::    South latitudes are negative, east longitudes are positive           :::
//:::  Passed to function:                                                    :::
//:::    lat1, lon1 = Latitude and Longitude of point 1 (in decimal degrees)  :::
//:::    lat2, lon2 = Latitude and Longitude of point 2 (in decimal degrees)  :::
//:::    unit = the unit you desire for results                               :::
//:::           where: 'M' is statute miles                                   :::
//:::                  'K' is kilometers (default)                            :::
//:::                  'N' is nautical miles                                  :::
//:::  United States ZIP Code/ Canadian Postal Code databases with latitude   :::
//:::  & longitude are available at http://www.zipcodeworld.com               :::
//:::  For enquiries, please contact sales@zipcodeworld.com                   :::
//:::  Official Web site: http://www.zipcodeworld.com                         :::
//:::  Hexa Software Development Center © All Rights Reserved 2004            :::
//:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
private double distance(double lat1, double lon1, double lat2, double lon2, char unit) {
 double theta = lon1 - lon2;
 double dist = Math.Sin(deg2rad(lat1)) * Math.Sin(deg2rad(lat2)) + Math.Cos(deg2rad(lat1)) * Math.Cos(deg2rad(lat2)) * Math.Cos(deg2rad(theta));
 dist = Math.Acos(dist);
 dist = rad2deg(dist);
 dist = dist * 60 * 1.1515;
 if (unit == 'K') {
   dist = dist * 1.609344;
 } else if (unit == 'N') {
 dist = dist * 0.8684;
   }
 return (dist);
}

//:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
//::  This function converts decimal degrees to radians             :::
private double deg2rad(double deg) {
 return (deg * Math.PI / 180.0);
}

//::  This function converts radians to decimal degrees             :::
private double rad2deg(double rad) {
 return (rad / Math.PI * 180.0);
}

Console.WriteLine(distance(32.9697, -96.80322, 29.46786, -98.53506, "M"));
Console.WriteLine(distance(32.9697, -96.80322, 29.46786, -98.53506, "K"));
Console.WriteLine(distance(32.9697, -96.80322, 29.46786, -98.53506, "N"));

It depends what you want to do? Do you want to be a programmer. Or do you want to Maintain and Repair computers. Now if you want to repair and maintain computer i recommend getting Certified with A+. Most companies wont take you unless you have a Certification in computer. Which doesnt matter because its the experience, but it helps.

Certification is definately the way. Look, I know computer like the back of my hand, I've been working with them since I was a little kid. But I have no official certification, so I have a hard time getting computer related work. Most managers in companies that look for computer staff have little to no computer knowledge and have nothing but certifications to rely on when choosing their staff.

Microsoft Certifications are invaluable. MCSE, A+ and Cisco certification are all top of the line certifications.

If i wanted to repair and maintain computers can you give me what programs you recommend or documents I can read to start getting to know all about them or just the exact titles of things and I'll get them myself. :thumbup

What i would do, is build your own PC. That will help with Repair and building. Now for maintaince, the best thing to do is learn about different programs and whats updated. Like how to repair and computer from a trojan. Or how to BIO Flash and computer, as well as reformatting. And definitly learn about the registry. Mostly learn EVERYTHING there is about a computer.

There are alot of books out there. And i highly recommend getting any computer book by The Microsoft Team.

have u taken any classes in school yet involving computers? my school has a crap load of computer classes-java,flash,html,photoshop,c++,inDesign-and they even have kinda like jobs that u can take like managing the school website, network assistant

if ur school has any classes like those then u should take some this coming year

for math like said before, programming is ALL math so if u suck at math then programming is not the way to go, ive never rly done much networking so i wouldnt know, for repair/maitenence, building a computer is a vry good way and we can help to build one if u wanted to

all ill i add to this thread is the more complicated programming skills that you want will acquire some of the most difficult math

but yes id say get a good foundation meaning associated degree then a+ and beyond