Installing MS network client silently

martinolesen

Hi guys,

I need to install the Microsoft network client silently on quite a lot of machines (300+) running Win XP pro.

Is this possible by running a command in the command prompt in windows?

Would it be enough to just run a REG ADD command, and if so what do I need to add?

The trick is that via our application launcher we have the possibility of executing any command in the command prompt on the machines at any time we choose.

Thx in advance

Edited by martinolesen

True. We removed it because we have been using Novell Netware for a long time with great success.

However the university management has recently decided to standardize many of the IT systems, forcing us to switch back to MS Network and Outlook (which requires MS network client if you have to import/export contacts and mails)

Edited by martinolesen

Novell Netware doesn't run the same time with MS network.? I mean you need to remove 1 in order for another to work.?

if all your computers has the same hardware, all you have to do is to reinstall windows and image the the rest.

OR

you can manually install MS network 1 by 1. Do you get paid for overtime.? this is a great time to start. 300 computers.? i'm sure you will get them DONE before 1 month :)

OR

pull out your network card and reinstall it to see if windows will automatically reinstall MS network :)

Edited by msfn11

Novell Netware doesn't run the same time with MS network.?  I mean you need to remove 1 in order for another to work.?

That is not true, we currently run both NetWare and Microsoft.

We had to add the Microsoft client on several Windows 2000 PCs (we are in a Novell environment)

We used the following command that adds the MS Client:

snetcfg -v -l %windir%\inf\netmscli.inf -c c -i MS_MSClient

which will activate the Client by default

Novell Netware doesn't run the same time with MS network.?  I mean you need to remove 1 in order for another to work.?
I didn't say that. Unfortunately we have removed the windows client from all the machines, and reinstalling them all is not an option. :}
We used the following command that adds the MS Client:

snetcfg -v -l %windir%\inf\netmscli.inf -c c -i MS_MSClient

which will activate the Client by default

Thank you very much! I will test it as soon as possible.