Dekstop context menu entry..

Mekrel

Hi all,

As from today I had the great pleasure of recieving a viewsonic VP171s :D and it has some software which enables me to turn the screen 90 degress to a portrait view.

Unfortunatly the software also does this to my context menu:

context0ts.th.jpg

A mohassive advert! :lol: , I dont mind the controls as much :blink:

after various downloads of freeware context menu editing apps - I still cant find where this one is!

Please help :}

XP has built in support for rotating your displays view. I would uninstall your application that came with your video card and use XP's built in

hold down CTRL, ALT and hit one of the arrow keys

This should only work though if your video card supports it by default. If your video does not support rotating the displays then you may be stuck with your software

The "mohassive advert! " LoL, is a bitmap in the winphook.dll file that the wpctrl.exe hooks into upon running, its trying to a** rape you for more money and upgrade to the pro version, both files are in the WinPortrait directory, I have the viewsonic VP201s.

Open the Winphook.dll with Resource Hacker and delete the Bitmap 2091 and save.You can either reboot or give the 3 finger salute and open task manager, close floater.exe and wpctrl.exe, then run wpctrl again and it should be gone!, the extra systray icons and processes bug me more than the bitmap thats why I uninstalled it, now I just turn my head :D

Well I have just updated to v7.68 and three buttons have appeared on the advanced tab of the display properties,(cant say I noticed them before) you can disable the splash screen, system tray and the options on the desktop context menu there :thumbup

post-11604-1121906335_thumb.jpg

Edited by benners

Woot!

Nice one mate :D thankgod I know how to use reshacker :P

@Chili Thanks for the info but it doesnt seem to do anything and trying to rotate my screen using the ATi drivers produces some error which is weird as the X800XTPE is hardly old :P

Thanks for help both!

Tell me the things you want to remove and I'll send you a reg file to see if that works, maybe with your card being newish it is not fully supported?.

I am working on a silent install seems to be going ok loads of foreign s***e ripped out that it installed regardless of locale :realmad:

I want to remove all traces from the desktop context menu, I can rotate by right clciking the task tray icon. I hate having clutered context menus.

shame there is no freeware alternative :(. Ive googled but found none.

Try these

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Portrait Displays\WinPortrait]
"ALLOW_CONTEXT_MENU"=dword:00000000      ; Disables Desktop Context Menu  
"CTRL_SPLASH"=dword:00000000            ; Disables The Splash Screen When wpctrl.exe Opens
"CTRL_SYSTRAY_ICON"=dword:00000000      ; Disables The System Tray Icon

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Portrait Displays\WinPortrait] ; Disables Floater.exe From Running & Removes It From
"AllowFloater"=dword:00000000                               ; The Sys Tray Icon Menu    

Just reading your machine specs, you spent all that money on the puter and couldn't spring a couple a hundred extra for the big boy monitor :D

Any advances on making this unattended?

Yep sorted it this am after posting, if you want the exe I can upload it for you to download and PM the link.

The exe is a SFX archive with latest version, all the multi lang, extra bitmaps, helps file and stuff ripped out, dll hacked so as not to display the pivot bmp if you wanted to have the desktop menu active and the settings (for me) posted previous already added, tested on a machine with a fresh install and everything I tested worked.