Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

I've done both ways and makes no difference-the install succeeds either way and the end result-MS ATAPI drivers install without incident. The contents of the F6 package-which I have also done-from ASUS; are the same as the 6.82 sataraid folder from NVIDIA.
Thank you, Rick, for this reply.

I believe you, that this worked with your ASUS board, but I'm not sure, that people with other boards will succeed by just integrating the SATARAID subfolder.

As a result of your posts I have modified my guide regarding the use of the 6.82 driver package by users with an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

Big thanks again - your tests were very important!

CU

Fernando

I read all of first page, and it seems that the method does not differ from any driver integration (at least for BIOS ver 4.84 or less)

I followed your setup and I get "could not find nvraid.sys" in setup mode.

I know putting nvraid.sys file in i386 folder fixes this problem, but would like to know if you misses a step in the first page .

thanks for great info

I know putting nvraid.sys file in i386 folder fixes this problem, but would like to know if you misses a step in the first page .

I think, that you have done something wrong.

If you follow my guide, you will find the driver NVRAID.SYS within that folder, which you take for the nForce SataRaid driver integration (LEGACY or SATARAID). nLite will copy all files into the driver folder OEMDIR and additionaly the drivers as copressed files (NVATABUS.SY_ and NVRAID.SY_) into the I386 folder. Have a look, if you find them there.

CU

Fernando

I think, that you have done something wrong.

If you follow my guide, you will find the driver NVRAID.SYS within that folder, which you take for the nForce SataRaid driver integration (LEGACY or SATARAID). nLite will copy all files into the driver folder OEMDIR and additionaly the drivers as copressed files (NVATABUS.SY_ and NVRAID.SY_) into the I386 folder. Have a look, if you find them there.

CU

Fernando

Ok, since I was little vague on my setup, if i had given any, let me give you detail

I have shuttle sn85g4v3 (nforce3) . i checked RAID BIOS ver, and it is 4.34 (latest BIOS from shuttle site) so I followed your guide and downloaded 6.53 nforce driver,

I used nlite 1.0 RC6 to integrate the nvraid (which is within IDE\WINXP folder) , and selected both SATA and RAID like the tutorial said.

nlite successfully completed its job.

now I have "NLDRV" folder inside my i386 folder . and all the compressed nvraid drivers are inside that folder, but not a single nvraid related files are inside i386 directly.

I have tried to integrate nvraid long time ago (with nlite .98 i think) and the result was pretty much same as what i have right now.

so either I must've missed step, or something's wrong.. I read your guide three times and this was the correct step ( at least for me, who is w/ BIOS 4.34)

thanks in adv

I have shuttle sn85g4v3 (nforce3) . i checked RAID BIOS ver, and it is 4.34 (latest BIOS from shuttle site) so I followed your guide and downloaded 6.53 nforce driver,

I used nlite 1.0 RC6 to integrate the nvraid (which is within IDE\WINXP folder) , and selected both SATA and RAID like the tutorial said.

now I have "NLDRV" folder inside my i386 folder . and all the compressed nvraid drivers are inside that folder, but not a single nvraid related files are inside i386 directly.

The SataRaid drivers are only copied into the i386 folder, when you integrate them as "Mass Controller" (= textmode driver). If you integrate them as "normal" device drivers (pnp drivers), you will not find them within the i386 directory.

EDIT:

Which driver subfolder did you integrate for the SataRaid drivers?

Did you get at this point of integration a pop-up window with the question, if you want the following 2 drivers to be installed:

NVIDIA nForce Storage Controller (required)

NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER (required)?

If not, you really missed to choose the integration as TEXTMODE DRIVER.

Edited by Fernando 1

When I selected the nvraid.inf file inside the IDE\winxp folder of 6.53 driver nlite automatically selects it as TEXTMODE Drv. (yes the popup)

it even asks me if I want to check out this page for more info.

now, under the WINXP subfolder, there's another subfolder named 'raidtools' . do i need to copy those files out to 'ide\winxp' folder? or just leave it as it is?

here29fe.jpg

here1xm.jpg

Edited by larciel

Hi@all thanks to everybody for your numerous posts about integrating nVidia sata drivers.

however i must say that i still havent succeded in anyway.

So what i try is to integrate more than one SATA/RAID driver:

VIASRAID

SI3112r

SI3114r

AND

NVATABUS/NVRAID Drivers

sofar integrating the other drivers seem to work properly, i veryfied that integration of the viasraid driver was successful, but still as soon as i add the nvidia nvatabus.sys/nvraid.sys files etc. to my unattended cd i resice a BSOD right after setup finishes loading the drivers listed in TXTSETUP.SIF.

To make this clear. setup states: LOADING WINDOWS and then the BSOD appears right befor the screen to edit partitions is supposed to apear, showing this BSOD: *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xf7a2b528, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

im quite sure that this is due to the nvraid/nvatabus driver, as if i choose to not compress the nvatabus.sys/nvraid.sys to .sy_ puting them into the i386 i get the message that windows cant find them instead of the BSOD

My hardware is the ABIT KN8 (NOT ULTRA) with a WD200G HDD, not sure which Bios version.

besides this my unatteded install works fine so far.

I tried integrating the drivers using the LEGACY folder as much as using the SATARAID folder (both from 6.70 package) and even the files from the floppydisk that have been include with the MB.

I also tried hacking TXTSETUP.SIF my self using the numberous guides in this forum, as much as having the latest version of nLITe installing my drivers. both times no success!!!

thanks to everybody so far.

Lanoxx

now, under the WINXP subfolder, there's another subfolder named 'raidtools' . do i need to copy those files out to 'ide\winxp' folder? or just leave it as it is?
The "Raidtools" are tools and no drivers. I have never used them.

So you can leave the "Raidtools" folder as it is. I personally remove this folder, before I begin with the integration.

So what i try is to integrate more than one SATA/RAID driver:

VIASRAID

SI3112r

SI3114r

AND

NVATABUS/NVRAID Drivers

sofar integrating the other drivers seem to work properly, i veryfied that integration of the viasraid driver was successful, but still as soon as i add the nvidia nvatabus.sys/nvraid.sys files etc. to my unattended cd i resice a BSOD right after setup finishes loading the drivers listed in TXTSETUP.SIF.

1. Why did you try to integrate all those Raid drivers at once? AFAIK your ABIT KN8 has neither a VIA nor a Sil Raid Controller. So I recommend to integrate only the nForce SataRaid drivers and to see what happens.

2. You have to verify your nVRaid BIOS (look at your second boot screen). If your version is lower than 4.84, you should take the nForce chipset package 6.53 for the integration.

3. Don't manipulate the TXTSETUP.SIF and the WINNT.SIF.

Good luck for you both!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

thanks for you help on this fernando 1. i checked my txtsetup.sif again and found double entries for the nvatabus.sys and nvraid.sys, i also removed the viasraid and si311x drivers. now it works great with the nlite method.

still i would like to use viasraid, si311x AND nvatabus/nvraid drivers all together.

i need this as im using the cd to setup lots of pcs with different configurations, using the defaulthide unattended option, and just changing names and cdkey each time.

therefore i need to add multiple drivers to suit the different systems. i managed to include nfore2 and 4 drivers as much as nvidia forceware drivers, but im still having troubles on the catalyst drivers and the SATA raid drivers.

no idea how to solve that...

is it generaly not possible to include multiple SATA raid drivers in textmode setup, or do i just do something wrong?

thank so far

Lanoxx

thanks for you help on this fernando 1. i checked my txtsetup.sif again and found double entries for the nvatabus.sys and nvraid.sys, i also removed the viasraid and si311x drivers. now it works great with the nlite method.
Congratulations, that you got it to work.
is it generaly not possible to include multiple SATA raid drivers in textmode setup, or do i just do something wrong?
Normally it is no problem to integrate drivers you don't need, because the MS setup routine will only pick the ones for existing devices.

Contrary to that is the behaviour of some mass storage drivers and especially SataRaid drivers, which are not correctly digitally signed. These drivers may induce problems within the setup. It took me a lot of work and many weeks of time to find a way to successfully integrate the nForce SataRaid drivers. As you know, nLite has incorporated a sytem to prevent the preference of the MS IDE standard driver, but AFAIK this system does not work for VIA RAID drivers.

If you really want to integrate several mass storage drivers into a Windows XP CD, you should look into this forum: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=107 .

CU

Fernando

have you tried to integrate nvidia 6.53 drv with rc6 ? can you check if you get same results as mine?
Whom do you ask and which results do you mean?

EDIT:

I just had a look onto Shuttle homepage and found a special Raid driver disk for your SN85G4 V3: http://global.shuttle.com/Download/Downloa...tem=SN85G4%20V3.

Users with an nForce3 250 chipset can use the 6.53 driver package, but now it seems to me, that you have an older nForce3 chipset, that is not compatible with the newer drivers. Maybe this is reason why no drivers could be integrated as textmode drivers.

Normally it should be no problem for you just to integrate the old nForce Raid drivers from the Shuttle homepage, but I am not sure, if the integration works, because the TXTSETUP.OEM file is not in the same folder as the driver files. Maybe you have to copy the TXTSETUP.OEM into the RAID\WinXP subfolder of the Raid disk and to edit the first lines of the TXTSETUP.OEM file prior to the integration.

Edited by Fernando 1

the result meaning like the one in picture i uploaded.

existance of "NLDRV" folder inside i386 is something that your guide did not mention.

I just manually put NVRAID.sy_ file inside i386 folder and my computer reboots

*just tried with the shuttle driver. same thing. dang..

the result meaning like the one in picture i uploaded.
Your first picture shows the files inside the folder "Raidtools" (which youdo not need at all), the second shows, that the only drivers you had integrated were the SataRaid ones. Which results do you mean?
existance of "NLDRV" folder inside i386 is something that your guide did not mention.
Why should I mention that within my guide? Important is the folder where the drivers come from before they are integrated. Users of nLite have nothing to do with the folder, where nLite stores the integrated driver files. By the way: nLite 1.0 RC4 and RC5 stored these files within a folder named "OEMDIR". So Nuhi changes the folder names if he wants, but this is without any influence on users who follow my guide. Tere is no reason for them to work on this folder.