Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

since i was directed to this thread, which is about NVRaid, i'll ask anyways...

what driver are you supposed to use for Non-Raid, i've tried a few and i just get that retarded BSOD about the bios not being fully ACPI compatable.

Do you have try just to boot with your cd if windows setup can find drive without driver ?

I plug my 3° drive at the end on setup, dont use nvraid utility
Maybe I am wrong, but I suppose, that this is the reason for all your troubles. If you want to create a new Raid array with 3 instead of 2 hdd's, it is not enough to enable the 3rd SataRaid port within BIOS, you have to add the new hdd to the array by nForce Raid utility.

Before you do that, I would recommend a backup of your important datas.

CU

Fernando

ok ok when i spoke about my 3° drive, it's only a data store drive, don't want to add it to my raid. I just unplugged for mbr problem and add it at the end on setup. I have only sata port 1&2 set in raid mode.

since i was directed to this thread, which is about NVRaid, i'll ask anyways...

what driver are you supposed to use for Non-Raid, i've tried a few and i just get that retarded BSOD about the bios not being fully ACPI compatable.

I just had a look into your earlier post within another thread to realize, that you have a board with an nForce SLI x16 chipset and a SATA II harddrive disk.

At first you have to look into your mainboard handbook if you have to enable nVRaid within BIOS (unless you don't use it).

If you have a Maxtor hdd you may look for a new firmware (some Maxtor Sata2 hdd's have trouble with nForce4 chipsets).

At least I would recommend to integrate the SATA_IDE subfolder off the nForce chipset package 6.85 as PnP driver by using nLite.

Please report here, if it worked or not (unless this thread was only dedicated for users with nForce Raid systems).

EDIT:

1. I agree with Blank - the installation should work without any extra drivers during install, if you have XP with integrated SP2.

2. What is about your BIOS? Can't you get a newer one which totally supports ACPI?

ok ok when i spoke about my 3° drive, it's only a data store drive, don't want to add it to my raid. I just unplugged for mbr problem and add it at the end on setup. I have only sata port 1&2 set in raid mode.
So to resume

raid0 set on sata port 1/2 + 3° drive on sata 3 + floppy enable in bios = boot ok

raid0 set on sata port 1/2 + 3° drive on sata 3 + floppy disable in bios = bsod

raid0 set on sata port 1/2 + no drive on sata 3/4 + floppy disable in bios = boot ok

raid0 set on sata port 1/2 + 3° drive on sata 3 + floppy enable in bios = boot ok

that's really awesome

If these findings are true, I would bring the board back to the vendor.

By the way: What is the difference between the first and the forth alternative?

Edited by Fernando 1

thanks alot for the reply, i'll make a cd in a little bit and give it a shot, funny thing, i believe my bios does fully support it, i have the newest one 1009 and i can install with my old windows xp sp1 without any problems at all on this system. So i guess i can just toss sp2 on that cd and nlite some stuff out and i should be fine.

For some reason i do remember reading that i have to intergrate drivers if i do use nlite for unattended or soemthing like that. either way i'll make one without the drivers and one with the drivers just in case and give them both a try. If i get this all worked out i'll make to sure to post which drivers i use here, and maybe we can work on some kind of new sticky thread that has a list of mobo models and the drivers they must have, at least we will know about the a8n32 sli deluxe ; )

If i get this all worked out i'll make to sure to post which drivers i use here, and maybe we can work on some kind of new sticky thread that has a list of mobo models and the drivers they must have, at least we will know about the a8n32 sli deluxe ; )
Good idea! You can get crazy with these damned nForce Sata drivers, because there are big differences not only between the chipsets, but also between different boards with the same chipset.

Good luck!

Fernando

ok so i used these drivers, remember this is a NON-Raid setup with an SATA hard drive.

A8N32 Sli Deluxe

nForce4_x16_6.85_winxp2k_english

SMBus --- nf4sys.inf

legacy --- nvatabus.inf

sata_ide-- nvata.inf

I'll start a new thread, post this and requesting other to post info on their MB's hopefully an admin can organize the whole thing.

ok so i used these drivers, remember this is a NON-Raid setup with an SATA hard drive.

A8N32 Sli Deluxe

nForce4_x16_6.85_winxp2k_english

SMBus --- nf4sys.inf

legacy --- nvatabus.inf

sata_ide-- nvata.inf

I'll start a new thread, post this and requesting other to post info on their MB's hopefully an admin can organize the whole thing.

Hi DarqAngels,

thank you for your post, unless it is not easy to understand, because

a ) INF files are no drivers (you can point at any INF file and you will get all files of that INF file folder onto your nLited CD) and

b ) the SMBus has nothing to do with Sata drivers.

So I try to resume for owners of an Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe, who want to integrate the nForce Sata drivers for a non-Raid-system into a bootable XP CD:

For the successful integration you have to integrate the LEGACY and SATA_IDE subfolder of the 6.85 package as PnP drivers - that's all.

Is this correct?

Or did you mean, that the LEGACY folder has to be integrated as TEXTMODE and the SATA_IDE as Pnp driver? Or did you mix both folders before you began the integration?

Please clarify this if possible.

CU

Fernando

here's my bunch of test with my crappo floppy drive: :rolleyes:

fisrt one , clean xp32 sp1, sata_raid folder from 6.85 on floppy

boot install (only raid drives plug)

f6 + load nvraid driver

install ok

install 6.85 package + reboot

plug 3° drive and reboot still ok

disable floppy & reboot still ok

second one, same cd, only sata_raid driver integrated with last nl

(floppy disable and 3° drive unplug)

boot install + delete all partition

nvraid detect ok

reboot after first install part , get bsod on acpi

renable floppy in bios but not plug in & reboot

install follow the end and finish fine

install 6.85 package & reboot still ok

reboot and disable floppy = bsod

So there something wrong with nlite, perhaps someone can try to disable his floppy drive to test if the same thing occur.

I'm remake an xp64 cd and test if it's work too

Edited by blank

just finish my xp64 setup, working fine with floppy disable. So i confirm for nf4 16x (asus a8n32-sli), it just need to integrate sata_raid folder as txtmode from 6.85 package without no mod on files. Sata and PATA controller are recognize as standard controller until 6.85 package is not installed.

just finish my xp64 setup, working fine with floppy disable. So i confirm for nf4 16x (asus a8n32-sli), it just need to integrate sata_raid folder as txtmode from 6.85 package without no mod on files. Sata and PATA controller are recognize as standard controller until 6.85 package is not installed.
That is interesting.

So the nForce Sata driver NVATABUS.SYS will not be installed unless you have integrated the SATA_RAID folder, which contains this driver?

Have you ever tried to integrate just the LEGACY folder? If yes, what was the result?

hum i'm was wrong on nforce version, it's 6.83 for x64 and there's no legacy folder. I don't want on integrate others drivers, just need nvraid for windows setup and finish by the hand other drivers with lastest versions.

hum i'm was wrong on nforce version, it's 6.83 for x64 and there's no legacy folder. I don't want on integrate others drivers, just need nvraid for windows setup and finish by the hand other drivers with lastest versions.
OK, this belongs to the other (x64) thread, but once mor my question:

Did you ever try to integrate the LEGACY folder of the 6.85 package during your tests with 32-bit XP?

OK, this belongs to the other (x64) thread, but once mor my question:

Did you ever try to integrate the LEGACY folder of the 6.85 package during your tests with 32-bit XP?

yes, have the same result, nvraid is working but get bsod when disable floppy drive.

yes, have the same result, nvraid is working but get bsod when disable floppy drive.
Thanks for your reply.

Are you really sure, that your mainboard and especially your floppy port is OK? In other newsgroups I saw a lot of posts from owners of an ASUS A8N32 Sli Deluxe with a lot of hardware troubles. That is why I am unsure, if your findings have anything to do with nLite.

So I would like to encourage other nLite users with an nForce4 SLI x16 mainboard to report about their experiences using my guide and especially about the best driver folder choice.

i cannot say that my floppy/mobo are 100% ok; all i see is that i have only bsod when i'm using nlite not with floppy + f6 setup. And i assume that's really mad :D coz i don't seen relation between floppy and nvraid.

i cannot say that my floppy/mobo are 100% ok; all i see is that i have only bsod when i'm using nlite not with floppy + f6 setup. And i assume that's really mad :D coz i don't seen relation between floppy and nvraid.
The connection between your floppy and SataRaid controllers is your mainboard! I am nearly sure, that there is something wrong with your board.

Please report here again, if you get any news about your issues.

CU

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1