How to activate Windows XP?

mct2

Hi!

I really have a valid Windows XP Pro Version with CD-KEY. Normally I use Linux and do not like M$ very much.... I do also not know very much about Win XP.

I have decided to install Windows XP, but I do not want to activate it. M$ should not know that I'm alive or exist.

So I install Win XP, download a crack and for the first time Win XP runs without annoying me to activate. But the last 7 days Win XP is annoying me again and want me to activate. I agree doing so, but then Windows says "Windows Activation is already done" (or something like that, because of the crack).

So it was not possible, even if want, to activate Win XP.

The period of 30 days is over and now Win XP do not run, always with the same procedure:

- You want to activate?

- Windows Activation is already done.

And I can't login.....?!

What should I do? Please do not say something like "install windows again" - It's really not a solution, because costs a lot of time to install the other software too....

thx+cu

mct

P.S.: The Windows Partition is FAT32, so I can repair something with Linux, if there's a posibility....

The way i got it to work on five different computers at work was to "Repair" install windows....

Go thru the promts like you are stting up windows for the first time...after it didects the current version, hit the "r" button to repair....

You may have to reinstall some hot fixes (windows update), but all of your other programs will be there.... if you are on a domain... that will stay also....

Well... if you had read the rules of the forum you'd find out that we don't help people with cracks and such.

Why do you not want Microsoft (please don't use M$) to know that you exist? The activation is there so that they know you're using a valid copy. Just get over your fear of activation and send in your info (which is essentially just your CD-key and a hardware ID). That way, Microsoft won't bother you anymore.

Although, if you've already cracked your system, you probably won't be able to un-crack it (since no-one would use that kind of tool), so you might have to do a repair install of Windows.

...or you could buy yourself a Windows XP Pro Corporate Edition, this release is free of activation.

If you have a normal home/pro release you will have to re-activate when you change any hardware inside your box.

Get a Windows XP Pro Corporate Edition.