home newtwork problem-errors

ripken204

i have a home network and i just reinstalled XP on my pc and now when i go to view my other comp from mine i get the error in the attached pic, but i can still share files without a problem, then when i click ok or cancel explorer.exe is ended and comes back

post-39158-1121394486_thumb.jpg

i did nlite it, but i installed it on 2 comps in the last 3 days and the other comp does not have this problem

i just have the standard protocols

i installed longhorn transformation pack 10.5 which changes alot of files so that could be one

A little story

I had an accounting computer that ran reports all the time. This was a nice new beefy machine. The computer ran perfectly fine all the time. Suddenly the user had to run a new report using crystal reports. This was a daily report that needed to run every day because of new procedures. The error message that you are getting is the same one I was getting. (different memory address referenced) The computer ran perfectly fine until something had to reference a specific portion of the memory.

No memory testing utility was able to give me a sign that the memory was bad however once i replaced the 1dimm 512 with an identical 1dimm 512 the error went away..Even though the memory was only about a month and a half old.. it still went bad.

It is a pain to pull out the memory because it is a laptop. I know how you feel. We are just giving you possible solutions because you asked us to. We tell you this because we went through the same problems you are going through and this was how we fixed it

Please don't take this as being sassy.. I just want to make sure i get my point across.. ... just trying to help

Edited by chilifrei64