Help,Error while executing AIO-DVD in VMWare

derernesto

hey,

itz me again hvin a big problem.

at the moment i finished the regular work on creating my AIO-DVD.

Now im testin my created iso-File with the aid of VMWare.

when i try to install xp pro or home an error is pisplayed: CDBOOT: Couldnt find NTLDR....

the same happens with XP Home and Windows 2000 Professional.

if im tryin to install 98SE and Windows ME he starts but requires the boot files or hte boot floppy....

i have all the boot files following the flyakite guide copied to the specified folders.

so how can i fix this problem????has anyone a suggestion for the solution?

thank u,

derernesto

I use Virtual PC but I think its similar.

Silly question but have you created a propper .ISO file and using VMWare/VirtualPC mounted the iso image.

I think this is what happened to me till I worked out wha\t was going wrong.

I use NLite to create an ISO file from my unattended files from the C or D drive.

:D

at first let me say thank you for your help..

yeah i created an iso file with cdimage, just like its explained in the flyakite guide.

vmware takes this iso file for botting and it works. my "cdshell" boot menu is displayed and its workin.

all these files like winip51 etc. are in my rootfolder.

my file structure is like:

D:AIODVD\......(files to boot like 2PRO.Dat etc.)

D:AIODVD\Setup(including all the OS files)

D:AIODVD\BOOT(boot menu from cdshell)

D:AIODVD\XP\Pro

D:AIODVD\HOM1

D:AIODVD\XP\Home

D:AIODVD\2000\Pro

etc....

Edited by derernesto

hey,

i think i ve found some mistakes after checking and rechecking my files concernin xp Pro and Home and w2k, but still if i try to install win98 or win me during the installation the boot disk is required.but i got the bot image within my rootfolder and i call them with the aid of cdshell....

what may cause those troubles...

thanx for help..

derernesto

hey,

i think i ve found some mistakes after checking and rechecking my files concernin xp Pro and Home and w2k, but still if i try to install win98 or win me during the installation the boot disk is required.but i got the bot image within my rootfolder and i call them with the aid of cdshell....

thanx for help..

derernesto

hey,

thanx for help..

derernesto

1. Adding a picture is simple... save a screenshot in paint... edit... save as JPG. add to post by attaching picture under the attachment link under the reply setion.... when loaded it will ask if you want to show "in" your post... click that link...

2. Which setup files are you refering to??? The "Autorun.exe".... that is from Atuo Menu Builder (free with ad)...

i solved this problem with the autorun.exe i just created screenshots and involded the pictures from the setup.exe with the comman show image.

itz almostly workin only the images from win98 and winme wont load and im gettin crazy.

thx,

derernetso