Search Button In Ie6

fatdog

In my internet explorer 6, my search button got messed up somehow, where it says customize and you get to choose what search engine you want to use,MSN for example, well mine just comes up blank,what I need is the entry that I used to have in my registry for my search assistant, the url to make the little search box work. I hope someone out there can help, I am not sure I am explaning this clearly but I think of another way to explain it.

There is no reset button,I wish there was and have tried every fix there is on the microsoft site from the reinstall -( which does not work because I have IE6 SP1 which does not show up in ADD and Remove section,dont know why but this stops every reinstall i have tried) I even tried the registry fix of changing the default value from a 1 to a 0 which is said to allow a reinstall. I am starting to think there is no way to get the search assistant or customisze back to default.

I would like to use any search companion or classic search they are gone from the settings in the search button and I dont know the url key in the registry in xp.maybe if I could find what used to be there I could re-enter it into the registry.I tried tweak ui to set for classic search but nothing changed in the search settings.