Auto register HTA file?

i mean modifying...

i should point out, that the CMD method i put above could get tricky depending on how you call the CMD.

If you're someone who calls the CMD via CMDLINES.TXT, then the %CD% isn't the proper directory anymore, and you must know the complete path to the HTA file. If it's executed via Autorun.inf, it works fine.

I could make it more complicated to find out the drive lettering and such, but then it owuldn't work on Win9x.

I suggested the CMD trick primarily for reasons of system lockdown. If you go the registry method, the paths to the actual executable may not be right

Well I'm just using at the moment WPI to install games and programs. It is not integrated into an Unattended XP cd

so basically all I have in my root are the files that are stored in the main wpi download. modified useroptions.js and config.js and folder representing all my reg files/graphic thumbs for the descript box and install folder when I stored all my exe files, but other then that nothing else has been changed.

So i guess if autorun is enabled as with my xp box then it calls the autorun.inf which calls the wpi.cmd and loads the wpi.hta.

I run everything off the dvd which i dont believe is setup to copy everything onto HD first then install.

So what would be my step to create a file that will load wpi on a win98 machine that is not autorun enabled. and would I place that file whether it be a cmd gile into the root of the cd and would I have to change the autorun.inf to load this file instead of the wpi.cmd.

Thanks for everything.

I know its a lot but the whole process is to learn and to teach. Hope one day I can be here to teach.

lionhrt

I should have known that , so if you have win 98 autorun enabled and find it still doesnt load wpi.hta (is basically what we are trying to figure out here. I have read the replies yet still dont understand how it can be done.