Pricey laptop collecting dust

bnthmedicinetree

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop from several years ago with Windows XP and I really want to get it going again, it has been sitting in the basement for a while...anyway I forgot my boot password for windows, and now I can't get in....I don't have my recovery disc or any of that anymore unfortunately....is there ANYTHING I can do to get this going again? preferable without spending anymore money...I just really want to make it work again, please help...I logged in in safe mode as administrator but it wouldnt let me log into users to change my information for some reason....someone please help me asap... :(

thanks in advance

Urmmm! If you lost the CDs, and dont have the Windows CD with you, you could problably call Microsoft and ask for a new copy of the disk. Giving the serial number that must be on a sticker on the laptop, they probably wount purchase you too much!

I dont know ... Maybe someone here in the forum can explain you better how to have another copy.

Edited by Gouki

k thanks for all the help...i downloaded a reset tool and burned the image on a cd, put it in my laptop, now i cant figure out how to make it boot from cd!! i tried every F key, and even tried booting in safe mode with command prompt but I cant figure out how to get it to boot from the cd. Is there a command I can use in command prompt to make it boot from cd? please help...

k thanks for all the help...i downloaded a reset tool and burned the image on a cd, put it in my laptop, now i cant figure out how to make it boot from cd!! i tried every F key, and even tried booting in safe mode with command prompt but I cant figure out how to get it to boot from the cd. Is there a command I can use in command prompt to make it boot from cd? please help...

You need to check in your computer's manual as to how to access BIOS. Once you're in the BIOS (it's a very basic interface that's similar to DOS), you should be able to find a setting for the boot order.