Environment Variables Win XP Pro

_Claymore

I'm having some trouble in defining the Variables for my pourpose, which is, instead of using the "C:\Documents and Settings\" folder by default, to change and use the "F:\Users\" Folder.

I was able to change the USERPROFILE and some others, but it seems that the HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH, aren't changing, even after the reboot...

Is it possible to change? If yes, how ?

I really need this stuff, i'm trying to optimise my system for my own purposes.

Any help you be really apreciated :)

okie, I see your problem. You could redirect it manually with change related registry key.

Firstly create a temp folder and redirect the profile folder to that, then reboot, after pre-customizaiton of new profile in this new profile folder, go back to registry and redirect it to real destination, which need to paste all prior profile files into.(doesn't include ones in temp folder.)

sorry that i can not access my related doc to find out detailed registry key and steps as I am disconnected with corporate network. I hope can paste it out by following a couple days...

Gouki, i already tried that, and it didn't work. (tambem sou PT ;))

Some of the environment variables don't change what ever i do... HOMEDRIVE is one of them, HOMEPATH doesn't change also

PROGRAMFILES can be changed but it doesn't work, (When i install a program, it will still be redirected to C:\Program Files\ instead of going to the path that i have defined.