How to maintain corrupted service?

grafx1

Please, How to maintain a corrupted service ?

WMI service has problems and i was disabling system restore so ican't go back...

i tried to replace its file from i386 folder (wmiapsrv.exe) and reboot, but this didn't work !!

Thank you.

Were you getting a specific message in event viewer or a message when you tried to start the service?

when open the status of lan connection, clicking on properties, advanced tab

in the past this page was showing firewall options, but now it has a message

that WMI information is corrupted...

and also in the services section, i tried to start WMI service but i got an error:

"class not registered"

Thanks.

Try running these commands. Basically what this is doing is clearing the cache Deleting the current WMI Repository and when you restart the service it will recreate it

navigate to c:\windows\system32\wbem

winmgmt /clearadap

winmgmt /kill

winmgmt /unregserver

winmgmt /regserver

winmgmt /resyncperf

net stop Wmi

net stop winmgmt

del %windir%\system32\Wbem\Repository\*.* /s

net start winmgmt

net start wmi

navigate to your network connections and go to properties... it will probably hang for a little bit and svchost.exe will go crazy for about 20 seconds then the context menu should show up.

Let me know if this fixes it.

Try running these commands. Basically what this is doing is clearing the cache Deleting the current WMI Repository and when you restart the service it will recreate it

navigate to c:\windows\system32\wbem

winmgmt /clearadap

winmgmt /kill

winmgmt /unregserver

winmgmt /regserver

winmgmt /resyncperf

net stop Wmi

net stop winmgmt

del %windir%\system32\Wbem\Repository\*.* /s

net start winmgmt

net start wmi

navigate to your network connections and go to properties... it will probably hang for a little bit and svchost.exe will go crazy for about 20 seconds then the context menu should show up.

Let me know if this fixes it.

i'd did so but at the :

net stop Wmi

net stop winmgmt

it said that WMI is not started

when i navigate to Network, it's still corrupted

also the file sharing service has ! yellow mark

Thank you so much for your time...

the only easy way to fix corrupted windows xp services is to export the following registry keys from a good and working computer and apply them to your computer and restart computer.

Here they are.

1-HKLM\system\currentcontrol\services

2-hklm\system\currentcontrol\root

i don't remember the exact location but "root" and "services" which are the one you need. Just look under currentcontrol registry key in HKLM and you should see them

Important Note: if you export above registry keys from another computer to yours, some of services from that computer will be IN your computer.

the only way to take them OFF your computer is to use service manager and DELETE them OR manually delete them from service registry key.

If you don't feel comfortable doing above suggestion, don't do it.

if you have another computer, just install windows xp WITHOUT any programs installed in it EXCEPT windows xp and import above registry keys from this computer to yours and you don't have to worry about anything.

hope it helps.

Edited by msfn11

the only easy way to fix corrupted windows xp services is to export the following registry keys from a good and working computer and apply them to your computer and restart computer.

Here they are.

1-HKLM\system\currentcontrol\services

2-hklm\system\currentcontrol\root

Thank you for your help...