Way To Remove Dotnet ?

Ya Im looking For A Way to get Rid Of Dotnet So It doesint Install During Setup

Ive searched This forum And could not Find Anything. Is There Anyway To Do this threw Unattended Or Editing An Inf file ?

DotNetInstaller.exe It gets Put In By Default Under Program Files\Common files\ install shield It Wants framework Installed Or It complains About mscoree.dll. Thats what I wAnt gone When Installing. I Removed Netfx Thought That Do The Trick But It Didint Get Rid Of That dotnet.

Edited by hatred

Its On The Xp Cd. folders DotNetFX Ive Got Most Of It Out Useing netfx In The winnt.sif But dotnet Is Still in tHere. now If There was An Inf File That Installs This dotnet Piece. I could Get rid Of It .. just dont Know whitch Inf Its In.. Or I was Thinking About Removeing The Intire folder from The Xp Cd. I Dont tHink id get any Errors Doing So.. could someone Confirm This ?

On a Windows CD (minus MCE and Tablet editions) the .NET Framework is ONLY located in the dotnetfx folder in the root of the CD. If you find it ANYWHERE else on the disc, either YOU added it there, or you got the CD who DID add it there. That's all there is to it. Trust me, i've torn the Windows CD to pieces.

Ya I know that NET Framework is in the dotnetfx folder On my Cd .which Is Installing It Into my Windows Durring Installation. Thats what I Dont Want . Thats why I asked If I can Remove The dotnetfx Folder From The XP CD Dir Without Any Errors during Setup . Or Some Way Of Telling It Not to install. DotNetInstaller.exe gets Put In your program Files/Commonfiles\InstallShield/ProfessionalRunTime/09 In There Will Be 2 Folders a 00 and a 01 with intel32 inside go into that folder you'll see DotNetInstaller.exe With A bunch Of Dll's This Is what I Dont want windows To install/copy To my Drive

do you have a MCE or Tablet edition? If so, then NO you can't remove it.

if you have a NORMAL XP edition, then it doesn't even matter as SETUP DOES NOTHING WITH THOSE FILES AT ALL! Perhaps i wasn't clear on that last time. But there is NO INSTALLATION OR COPYING done by WINDOWS SETUP in regards to the .NET Framework if it is NOT a Tablet or Media Center Edition.

Now, one more time, just to be sure...

YES, you can delete that folder if you DON'T have the Tablet or Media Center Editions.

NO, it probably won't solve your problem, as setup DOESN'T DO ANYTHING with those files.

Simply having that folder there, does NOT mean it will install the .NET Framework. Heck, even SPECIFYING to install won't have Windows install it.

Ah Ok thanks For the Info Im Not Going to Bother removeing The The Folder And Ya Im Running normal Windows xp pro . One Last question .If The dotnet installer.exe Whitch is in The Directory I mentioned In My Above Post Isint being installed/copyed from the dotnetfx folder On my Cd. what Exactly Adds This ?? The Sp2 Or Just General Windows Installation ?? thanks For your Help

what about

But there is NO INSTALLATION OR COPYING done by WINDOWS SETUP in regards to the .NET Framework if it is NOT a Tablet or Media Center Edition.

did you not understand?????

IT'S NOT COMING FROM WINDOWS SETUP AT ALL! IT'S ONE OF YOUR PROGRAMS THAT'S ADDING IT! Perhaps it's coming from some DRIVER you have installing, perhaps even the ATI driver set including the Catalyst Control Center...

what about
But there is NO INSTALLATION OR COPYING done by WINDOWS SETUP in regards to the .NET Framework if it is NOT a Tablet or Media Center Edition.

did you not understand?????

IT'S NOT COMING FROM WINDOWS SETUP AT ALL! IT'S ONE OF YOUR PROGRAMS THAT'S ADDING IT! Perhaps it's coming from some DRIVER you have installing, perhaps even the ATI driver set including the Catalyst Control Center...

You received this error message after running a diagnostic scan using antivirus software, such as Norton AntiVirus or Norton WinDoctor. Some diagnostic software recognizes DotNetInstaller.exe as a .NET application that depends on the .NET Framework and reports it. DotNetInstaller.exe is a .NET application that is used when an installation is installing .NET assemblies. InstallShield installs DotNetInstaller.exe as part of its engine files. DotNetInstaller.exe does not work on systems that do not have the .NET Framework, but the file is cached with the InstallShield engine files just in case it is needed in the future when the .NET Framework is installed. It is technically correct, but InstallShield always checks for the Framework before trying to

I could have sworn i told you could delete the dotnetfx folder, but i ALSO said that it won't solve your problem. I repeated myself 3 times to get my point across, and yet you didn't read ANY of them apparently. You could only read the one person who got annoyed enough to put a single word response in LARGE letters for you to get what i said originally.