Possible Bug: creating non-administrators users

mow

1. While creating new users with the GUI interface of WIHU (no INI files at all), I have noticed that the created user is always member of 'Administrators'. That is even if the checkbox of 'Add administrator rights to the new user' isn't marked.

2. When creating new user via Windows Control Panel and choosing "administrator", the new user is member of Administrator and Users. When created with WIHU, the user is member of Administrators only. Is that intended to be that way?

Working on WIHU Version: 2.1.19.6

1. While creating new users with the GUI interface of WIHU (no INI files at all), I have noticed that the created user is always member of 'Administrators'. That is even if the checkbox of 'Add administrator rights to the new user' isn't marked.

I've tested it but it wasn't here. New account was only member of "Users" Group.

2. When creating new user via Windows Control Panel and choosing "administrator", the new user is member of Administrator and Users. When created with WIHU, the user is member of Administrators only. Is that intended to be that way?

Of course this intended. Administrators includes all rights of Users.

Benjamin Kalytta

(1) About creating non-administrators users:

If I look at computer management for the user I created right after the creation (before restart or logon), it's in the Administrators group. After first logon, I checked and it's in the Users group. So I guess it is ok...

But I found something else: if your system (mine XP.pro.sp2) is already configured for automatic logon, if you create a new user, and do not mark the checkbox 'Logon user automatically', your current automatic logon is disabled. Perhaps it is better to leave it unchanged?

Edited by mow

[...]and do not mark the checkbox 'Logon user automatically', your current automatic logon is disabled. Perhaps it is better to leave it unchanged?

Yes it was also my opinion after I started my system today. I'll fix this in this way.

Benjamin Kalytta

Edited by BenjaminKalytta

Autologon is fixed now. You may specify either to disable auto logon, to enable or to leave it unchanged (default) [tri state check box].

I've created an autologon tool so you may change your invalid autologon settings caused by WIHU. You'll find this tool at my homepage in download section.

http://www.kalytta.com/autologon.zip

Benjamin Kalytta

• 1 month later...

this autologon tool is really cool.this disable autologon option is awsome.i have been searching for trype of tool(http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=52241)

all i want is after finishing of my installation(every thing) i just want to disable this autologon for my admin account.

so how to run this tool silently with --disable autologon-- option enabled.

help pls

thanks

Ok, I released version 1.2 of this tool. There are several command line switches:

/silent: Don't sow UI

/autologon=0 or 1

/visible=0 or 1 : show or hide user on welcome page

/username=x : set user name, use "" if user name contains spaces

/password=x : set password

Benjamin Kalytta

i used it in my wpi.cmd

REM autologon tool start and wait for its end

"%wpipath%\autologon.exe" /silent /autologon=0 /visible=1

so this will disable my autologon,thus making my admin account visible

right?

Yes, this will disable autologon, and make your current account visible in welcome page.

If you want specify another account than currently logged on account you may specify an alternative user account which should be used for logon in future. Then you have to use /username switch.

Addition in Version 1.3:

- Combo box for easy user selection

- /username=%current% will select currently logged on user

Benjamin Kalytta

hey its not working man.imean with my unattended cd test on virtual pc.

i tried a lot of ways to stop autologon to admin account.all r failed except one.

what i did is,at first i created some password for my admin account,and rebooted the system and again i just removed that pass(ie replaced with blank pass).and autologon stopped after this.

i dono what happened here.any ideas.

and is it possible to moniter this procedure so that we can create some regkey to stop autologon?

It's definitely working, but it seems that you are using it the wrong way.

May be you are missunderstanding the function of my tool. My tool prevents windows from logon automatically, it will NOT stop autologon for each admin account!

As I said before, some applications reenable autologon in some cases such as windows network setup wizard.

But just take a look at http://www.google.de/search?q=windows+regi...+AutoAdminLogon

Benjamin Kalytta