Network question

My business partner, who lives about an hour away, has a computer that we want to use as the central location for all of our files. So, basically, I need access to the files on his computer. I need to upload, download, open, save, create, and delete files on his computer. All of our information will be stored in a single folder on his hard drive that we can share. I guess it will basically be like a network at your workplace. What do I need to set this up? We thought maybe we could use the Remote Desktop connection, or a VPN. We both have XP Professional.

u can use a tool called hfs which behaves sort of a ftp server but u need no client (the folder u want 2 save,u/l,d/l ,,etc...)use it from hfs as a ftp server.but just tell him 2 keep his Pc On while u wanna u/l sumthin or u can use sumthin like VNC but i doubt VNC can be used for sharing purposes

u can use a tool called hfs which behaves sort of a ftp server but u need no client (the folder u want 2 save,u/l,d/l ,,etc...)use it from hfs as a ftp server.but just tell him 2 keep his Pc On while u wanna u/l sumthin or u can use sumthin like VNC but i doubt VNC can be used for sharing purposes

yes u can but basically u will need 2 secure just have a password 4 it so that only u and ur partner can access it

Ok. I've added a PW. One thing i've noticed though is that I can't edit any documents on the FTP. I have to do a "save as" if I want to save something. This is quite an inconvenience. Is there anyway to get around this?