Cannot enter windows xp

Mamoun

I have a win xp computer without SP2, and hasn't any cable or modem in it so it cannot be a virus

one day when I opened the computer, the computer displays the dos and till me that there is an error in the disk drive (that's normal, I always ignore this message ) then when the windows try to start, a blue screen appeared contains this text:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Unmountable - Boot - Volume

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer ( I did that but the message kept appeared and can't enter windows ) If this screen appears again, follow the following steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed ( I did that too, but I didn't plugin any new hardware to my computer ) If this is a new installation ( no, it's not a new installation ) ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software ( I haven't any newly installed hardware ) disable BIOS memory ( not sure about what it means ) options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer then press F8 to select advanced start up options then select safe mode ( can't enter the safe mode either, when I click F8 to enter safe mode it appear the blue screen again )

Technical information:

***stop:0X000000ED (0X8124E640, 0XC0000032, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help, if you helped me in fix this problem, you will be the best support forum ever

thanks

Edited by Mamoun

I had this problem before and this is how i fixed mine

do you have recovery console installed in your computer.?

if not, use your windows CD and choose to go to recovery console. When you are there, use the command fixboot / fixmbr. It's probably fixboot will solve your problem. if you are not sure and my memory is not good nowsday, do fixboot and fixmbr, will definitely solve your problem. Restart your computer afterward, everything should be fine.

if you want to learn these command, simply type fixboot /?

if you want to install recovery console AFTER FIXING YOUR problem, go to "run" and type cdrom drive:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons

just to be sure, you can google for instruction how to install recovery in your machine.

Edited by msfn11

Great! I will try this and post you the results

thanks for helping!

EDIT: I'm confused, you said no for it wouldn't delete any documents?

Edited by Mamoun

• 1 month later...