Network Settings Profiles?

I know theres some out there, but was wondering if anyone uses / recommends a particular program.

Im looking for a program (freeware preferably), which allows you to store network settings 'profiles'.

I travel for work and am having to constantly change my network settings (changing ip addresses, dns, from static to dhcp, etc) depending on where I plug my laptop into. So it be nice to have profiles setup for say 'office', 'home', 'hotel', etc.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by durex

Start > Control Panel > Network connections > Local connection > Change settings > TCP/IP > Properties > Alternate configuration.

Additional DNS IP's can be specified in the General tab > Advanced.

What operating system are you looking at, cause the above certainly doesnt exist in any version of windows xp ive ever come across.....

Edited by durex

Start > Control Panel > Network & Internet connections > Network connections > r-click Local connection > Properties > click to highlight TCP/IP > Properties > Alternate configuration.

Try that way.

• 2 years later...

FYI the alternate settings in XP TCPIP is of very limited use. It will work with the range 169.254.0.1 through 169.254.255.254 (255.255.0.0). You can define other IPs (which it will allow without warning) but then it will not work. Windows will not use the alternate until after it times out trying to get a DHCP address (about a minute), and that is why the alternate tab doesn't appear unless you're set up to use DHCP by default.