VIA4in1 v. 4.56 -> how to integrate?

Wuhtzu

Hey out there!

First of all, ive searched the forum best I could, but I could get my problem solved, so:

I want to include my chipset-driver on my WinXP Pro cd, so it gets install along with the other drivers, gfx, lan ect.

I have a ASUS K8V motherboard, which holds a VIA K8T800 Chipset -> therefore the driver Im using is: VIA Hyperion 4in1 v. 4.56. The extracted contest of that driverpackage can be seen on the link shown below, its a .zip-file. When unzipped all the contest of the driverpackage is there:

http://wuhtzu.net/random/VIAHyperion4in1456v.zip

The problem is that I am all lost about which files to put on the cd. Shall I copy all files from the driver package to my driver folder; $OEM$/$1/Drivers/001_chipset/VIAHyperion_4in1_v456, and then just link to every single .inf file in all those folders -> or is there some specific files/folders which needs to be included?

So basicly: Which files in the driverpackage (link above or just refer to the VIA4in1 v. 4.56) shall be put on the cd and which shall not?

Wuhtzu - :blink:

If Bâshrat the Sneaky's driverpack is correct, the only files needed is:

viagart.cat

VIAGART.INF

VIAGART.sys

viamach.cat

VIAMACH.INF

VIAAGPS.reg

VIAAGPV.reg

But how to know which of those files are the correct, files with the names above exist in bot WinME folder, APGMe, APG, WinXP and Win2k?

hullo,

If your using XP, you don't need WinME, APGMe and Win2k for sure !

You must keep those in WinXP... and I don't know for the "AGP" folder.

Generally speaking, to know wich folder to keep you can :

- look for a *.CAT file, required for WinME, WinXP & Win2k3 (and look into its "details" in properties for the "signature date")

- look into the *.INF files, they can show some useful comments ;)

Of course, you will have no problem if you keep too much files (except if size does matter...)

@+

PS: I'm dealing with the same drivers for now, and I'm not sure that BTS DP contains all the need : I have a "VIAAGP1.SYS VIAAGP1.INF VIAAGP1.CAT" driver installed...

The space doesnt realy matter, because im using a DVD :P

The only thing that bothers me is that i have to write down the path to at least 5 different directories if i keep all folders, because of the .inf-files. For me it wouldnt be a problem keeping all the files, if only all the .inf files were in same directory, do you know if i can just copy them into the same folder? As long as Im not installing using the .exe files the folder structure shouldnt matter, should it?

:whistle:

• 2 weeks later...