Daemon Tools/Alcohol - "Found New Hardware" prompt

strange.. i never got that message before today. i just updated my source files using XPize42MCE - and now i get this message. beside that, the "Show Desktop.scf" in the quicklaunch is missing. went back to my "original" files and it works... really strange

Edited by WotC

to alcohol users: are you installing using the original msi? i have modified the setup to not install the scsi service as i dont need it.

im thinking that this is the new hardware window you are getting. try modifying the setup using Installer Design Studio, its easy. and please post if the new hardware... goes away without installing the scsi service.

i havent had the time to test my modified setup in a clean unattended dvd. i just test it from my current intallation and it worked great.

I have the same problem with alcohol some suggest?,

to alcohol users: are you installing using the original msi? i have modified the setup to not install the scsi service as i dont need it.

im thinking that this is the new hardware window you are getting. try modifying the setup using Installer Design Studio, its easy. and please post if the new hardware... goes away without installing the scsi service.

This was already solved ;)

the only thing i found was two switchless installers, but im trying to do it myself. no ofense mruiz but i have seen many post of different topics you saying this: "This was already solved ;)" i think comments like this makes the topics hard to read as many have several like this kind of posts. just a suggestion, no ofense.

if someone has the chance to customize the installer so it wont install the scsi service (wich i already did but havent tried on a clean install) please post. i want to know if this solves the new hardware wizard. thanks.

it's hard to explain how to install specifyed program to everybody who is new in this forum. so it's been solved means search and read carefully and you gonna find answers to all (almost) your questions. theres command not to install iscsi Starwind=DISABLE but it doesnt seem to work.

to disable iscsi service after install use this regtweak

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\StarWindService]

"Start"=dword:00000004

This was already solved ;)

the only thing i found was two switchless installers, but im trying to do it myself. no ofense mruiz but i have seen many post of different topics you saying this: "This was already solved ;)" i think comments like this makes the topics hard to read as many have several like this kind of posts. just a suggestion, no ofense.

if someone has the chance to customize the installer so it wont install the scsi service (wich i already did but havent tried on a clean install) please post. i want to know if this solves the new hardware wizard. thanks.

Even not installing the scsi service is already solved , you problem i s that you CANT read.

Learn to search!!

I have the same problem with alcohol some suggest?,

not working. pop up windows still occur

theres command not to install iscsi Starwind=DISABLE but it doesnt seem to work.

Even not installing the scsi service is already solved , you problem i s that you CANT read.

Learn to search!!

@mickmack

my modified installer Does Not installs it, i have tested it on my current windows. i just want to know if the scsi service is what brings the new hardware wizard prompt or not.

@mruiz

it seems that you CANT too. as i said, no ofense.

i dont want to get an installer from someone else, im modifying mine by myself.

i always search for topics. but i couldnt find if the scsi service is what brings that new hardware prompt.

theres command not to install iscsi Starwind=DISABLE but it doesnt seem to work.

Learn to search!!

@mickmack

my modified installer Does Not installs it, i have tested it on my current windows. i just want to know if the scsi service is what brings the new hardware wizard prompt or not.

@mruiz

it seems that you CANT too. as i said, no ofense.

i dont want to get an installer from someone else, im modifying mine by myself.

i always search for topics. but i couldnt find if the scsi service is what brings that new hardware prompt.

I remove the SCSI service using Installer Design Studio but the Found New Hardware Wizard still pop up.