Ultimate Freeware Machine

dman

hi dman and others,

can u tell me a freeware that will help striping down or cutting down an "mp3" file...

i tried with "VCD cutter".. :wacko:

it is saying an error..i dont get wat it tells... :angry:

i think the version of that is old...

so any free ware to cut a part of a mp3 file so that it can be made as a tune to my cell phone...

also tell me the site for them...

thanks and regards,

Ootsoo

Well, I know for one thing that most cell phones use midi or polyphonic as rings. So, you could find a program that will convert your song to midi and then search for something that lets you upload to your phone. I could try and find you some programs, but I would not be able to test them...

hey dude,

Well, I know for one thing that most cell phones use midi or polyphonic as rings. So, you could find a program that will convert your song to midi and then search for something that lets you upload to your phone. I could try and find you some programs, but I would not be able to test them...

ya man i aggree,

but still apart from "MIDI" format my cell also supports "MP3" formats ..

but as the size of the memory is low..i want to strip it ...so that i can make it as a tone ....

I cordially welcome u to tell both "MP3 to midi" and "MP3 cutter" freewarre list...

thanks in advance...

domo arigato

regards,

Ootsoo

ya man i aggree,

but still apart from "MIDI" format my cell also supports "MP3" formats ..

but as the size of the memory is low..i want to strip it ...so that i can make it as a tone ....

I cordially welcome u to tell both "MP3 to midi" and "MP3 cutter" freewarre list...

Okay, MIDI is at a different frequency than WAVs or MP3s (unless you resample it). Anyway, most WAV to MIDI programs are trial applications; however I found a program called AmazingMIDI that will convert WAV to MIDI. The catch is when converting to MIDI though is that it must be a single instrument. Now, you also said that your phone supports MP3s and that you wanted a "cutter" to shrink the size of the file. This can be done simply by saving the MP3 at a lower bitrate. The lower the bitrate, the less quality you have, but the smaller the size is. It's a catch 22. I'd say if your using it as a ringtone the quality isn't really going to matter so you might as well save it at a low bitrate. I know that dBpowerAMP can do the job. Give it a shot. A small bitrate is really anything less than 64. If you have any problems feel free to ask. Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
FlashGet- download manager

GetRight-download manager

Process Explorer- task proccess

VideoLAN- Very good player

Media Player Classic- video player

ps2rate- mouse smooth

RadLight- video player

I was curious why you use both flashget and getright (flashget is my pref; except getright can do sequence of files test001-test009 downloading). Also, is videolan better than mpc in any way? Is there a ps2rate for xp? I'm going to check out the process explorer; I've always used the built-in one.

Also, is videolan better than mpc in any way?

I would rather not let this topic drift toward the discussion of superior media player; however, I find VLAN to be a bit more confusing. Both of their layouts are fairly simple and relate to Windows Media Player 6.4, but I prefer MPC. That is just my preference. Both do the same thing...it's just what you like.

• 2 weeks later...