Overclocking.. 1.33 @ 1.470

ThA_FiLeR

Hmm, I just overclocked my Thunderbird 1.33GHZ @ 1.470:

FSB: 133

Multiplier: 11

Idle: 48/49C

Gaming: 52/53C :)

Since I can't afford a new cpu and wanted some more speed I overclocked it.. Do you guys think (with these settings) it's gonna last for atleast 2 more years?

Thanks..

I had my 1.4ghz thunderbird going 1575mhz for a long time.The benchmarks were a bit higher and it seemed to be snappier.The rule is that once you overclock test it with benchmarking(which stresses everything) and startup and shutdown tests(just startup and shutdown to make sure it does not hang),opening up big apps like photoshop.Then check the temp and decide whether you need better cooling.If it starts acting up,set er back to original specs.I think your T-bird will not suffer from the amount of o'clocking that you have done as AMD had that in mind for the T-birds,with a quality mobo of course. :santa

Also, what's better having a higher multiplier or higher fsb?

A higher multiplier is better because it just overclocks the cpu,whereas the fsb o'clocks all your pci cards.Overclocking the fsb is ok in small increments.IE,after you bring your multiplier up and everything is stable,then bring your fsb up one at a time,thus your 1333 mhz tbird at 133 fsb with an 11 multiplier is running 1463 mhz and if you up the fsb to 134 with the same 11 mutiplier your running at 1474 mhz and also your video card bus which runs at 66 mhz would run at 67 mhz etc.I am not responsible for any damage if you decide to follow these steps.Do make sure you have good cooling for your case as well as the cpu.By the looks of your yellow box it's a good case.

Also, what's better having a higher multiplier or higher fsb?

a low multiplier and really high fsb like 160+ mhz would be better than a high multiplier if all your other components can handle it but u really need a mother board which can lock the speeds of your pci slots.