1942 Expansion Pack

FthrJACK

"the road to rome"

should be out before long, some details from the EA site:

KEY FEATURES

1) Six new maps from the Sicilian and Italian campaigns including Operation Husky (Sicily), and the battles for Anzio and Monte Cassino.

2) Eight new vehicles including the German BF-110 and British Mosquito fighter-bombers.

3) Two new fighting forces including the Free French forces and Italian army.

4) New hand-held weapons including the Italian Breda assault rifle, British Sten SMG and bayonets on rifles.

5) Proprietary Refractor 2 engine raises bar for graphics and 3D rendering.

6) Huge multiplayer component supporting up to 64 players that requires teamwork and cooperation from each member in order to achieve victory for the Axis or Allies.

7) Unique single player mode features no scripting, meaning the player gets different experience each time they play.

More info over at the EA site: HERE

Screenshots: HERE

Ok i just found out when this is to be released.... January 2003, price will be around $20 USD.

I cant WAIT that long!!! it looks awesome, been looking at piccies of the new planes and anti tank guns etc, the bayonets and things. this expansion is going to kick a**!

Why does EA suck so much? Epic is releasing an expansion pack for UT2003 for free.

Those bastards did the same thing for the MOHAA expansion pack. You've already shelled out a bunch of cash for the game, you shouldn't have to spend more for some new maps and weapons/vehicles.

Die, EA, Die!

:rolleyes: HeeHeeHee, planes make people go boom!

Thank god they put more anti tank weapons in, now I might be able to actually stop my friend who likes to go on tank rampages :) FthrJack, how often do you play online, and what game types do you favor?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the RtR expansion, but I am a bit worried that the addition of more vehicles will make it even harder on folks like me that enjoy playing assault troops.

I think I may spend a few days honing my flying skills...

my strongest point is flak, especially from allied carrier on coral sea, take out cheaters in the tower and the snipers who land on the tower with it too.

then planes.

tanks.

infantry im not bad with, prefer being engineer most of the time and sniping people and laying traps etc with him... not in the thick of battle with the engie, unless im in a tank of course :)

i cant wait for RTR either... the anti tank artillery looks great, we still need jeep mounted machine guns and mobile AA tho. hope they start releasing extra models and more maps like they did with coral sea (but no bugs next time dammit)