Which driver to use ?

tommy_vercetti

Hi,

I have a VIA Technologies, Inc. P4M266A-8235 Motherboard, with onboard sound. Now the problem is that it's a realtek sound chip(On the chip it shows the realtek logo on the mobo).

The drivers from the VIAarena site as well as drivers from the Realtek site run pretty fine. Anybody has any ideas as to which ones I should be running...

Thanx.

P.S.

The drivers in question are the

VinlyAC97 codec and

RealTek AC97 codec

Hi,

Thank you guys you have been very helpful, so Im going to go for the Vinyl's thanx for your repies

P.S.

Technoguy the realtek ones never gave any error just there was some problem of hisss when doing other task when listening to music, So I stuck to the vinyl's. But then the realtek's came out with a newer version and there was no problem of hisss and was pretty good looking so I just thought of trying them. anyways will stick to vinyl's as they are easier top integrate in my $OEM$

Thanx

The newst from Realtek(april 2005) worked fine for me on a asus mb but the second-last one didn't.

If we use the driver shipped with the mb, witch was 2 years older(dated 2003) but has more option for 3D-Sound config.