This is stunning, i would donate money!

alyn84uk

Hey, i just wanna say, ive just stumbled accross XPize and i think its stunning. im using the 2.1 uAE version.

I have always hated the 2000 style icons in XP with a passion and this is just absolutely great work!!!

I have noticed a couple of icons thta havent been changed though:

Services window in the admin tools of control panel. The some icons in the services window stil use the 2000 style yellow cog icon, such as the window title and the console tree. Also in many windows similar to this, such as computer management and component services some of the console tree icons are distorted and the icons on the toolbar (back and forward) are also slightly distorted.

Icons within windows regedit, the folders and keys, ths would be lovely if this could be changed.

The icons within disk cleanup still use the old type windows 2000 icons and are highly distorted in xp for some reason. if these could be changed this would finish the package of lovely.

I also use a laptop therefore i have noticed the power options tab, som icons have been changed whilst others havent. also the battery on the taskbar when running on batteries is a bit old.

Also the pie chart in the disk properties, i read somwhere last night on this fourm that it cant be changed because it is dynamic, but the colours could possible be changed to a blue/white blue/gray style or something.

Some other things ive noticed that could be done:

-Disk Quotas tab, traffic lights icon here.

-Phone and modems - modems tab - listen modems icon is 2000 style (i have a modem in my laptop)

-Mouse properties window - change the mouse picture to a logitech ouse or microsoft one maybee.

if in the next version these could be fixed this would be lovely. ive been waiting for a package like this for a long time.

Im a bit skint at the moment but when i have money i would be more than happy to donate an amount to you for this (im a poor student at the moment, lol)

Thanx again for some great stuff.

Al.

Thank you very much for your words and for considering a donate. I'm also a poor student :P , but I'm considering the opening of a PayPal account. All donations will be well appreciated. Now let's start with your requests/wishes:

The services icons you say cannot be change, or at least, I couldn't figure out a proper way to do it.

Almost all icons inside Admin Tools are "old stuff" by Microsoft, so it is hard to coonvert all that to XP clean style. Most of the icons get an ugly black border when trying to xpize them. So I just put emphasis in the shortcuts you can see in the control panel instead of the inside of every admon tool.

The regedit icons are famous :P Almost everybody complaint about them. There were some releases in which they were replaced, but only 8 bit support is available for them, so they looked almost uglier than originals.

About the disk cleanup, I will check that. I didn't realized about those icons because I always removed this tool with nLite and use CCleaner. It would be great if you can tell me what file holds those icons you say.

The battery icons are also difficult to change. I tried in uAE 1.1 (I think) and happens the same that with regedit. Only 8 bit support. (No way for creativity and good looking things).

The disk pie cannot be changed in any way. If I try to change its color, then this file would not be "universal", that is, replacing dialogs can be problematic for other languages systems, and probably this dialog will look odd in non-English systems. (I use English WIndows XP as reference when developing XPize)

About your last requests, that traffic light is a good idea. I never use this feature, not even have it in my system now, but I will try to replace it. Phone and modems icons are also problematic, the usually require 8 bit icons (yes, again :} ) so I cannot do too much for them. Finally, I'm not very convinced about your idea of placing a "photograph" of a mouse (this will be too Macish), instead of the XP mouse icon.

Thanks for your ideas and comments.

XPero