Advantage of an unattend install vs a ghost image?

Forgive me here-obviously Im new to all of this and it sounds great-but it seems like a lot of work to get everything set up the way u want with applications and everything. My question is wouldnt it be easier just to do a fresh install of XP and install everything the way u want and then make a ghost image of your drive onto DVD? Can someone explain the differences or advantages one way or the other? Thanks :)

Ok most obvious reason is:

Some ghost images are not compatible with (insert) hardware.

If a company buys 100 DELL Systems, and ghosts one which it intends to use on all its machines, but then switches vendors the DELL image wont work on say a Sony Vaio System, or even custom built ones. Hardware incompatability is just something that will popup when you least expect it.

Now as far as WPI is concerned. I have created a uA DVD which has over 50 applications on it. If I wanted to build a system for Developers needs I simply select the Developer apps only, and not the Help Desk apps. This way I can create Custom Systems from 1 disk.

Now your Ghost machines have all the same versions. Its not so easy to upgrade versions in a Ghost. In my uA cd I just go into the directory I keep the app and change it with the new one. Most the time the switches dont change.

The reasons are numerous if you ask me, but then again go to a ghost forum and im sure they will give u numerous reasons to use them over us.

Good luck