Windows 2000 Server Install Prob

Doggie

You probly need to install some 3rdy party drivers...

i had this same problem with a system that had a onboard utma 66 hard driver controller...

when its loading up the drivers it asks you 2 press a particular key if you need to install 3rd party drivers....

=Drew

when installing in the bottom of the screen it should say press f3 if u need to install any third party drivers or something along those lines if u have onboard raid or are using a hardrive controller card give win2k the drivers just b4 the install process starts (u should have a floppy disk that came with the motherboard or hardrive controller /raid card if thats the case)

err.. it was an upgrade only ???  :)    :rolleyes: 

not very clever option if so.. for a SERVER OS!. ....doh.

supposed to be critical system, running 24/7 and stable as hell. not full of win98 code and junk.

nah its full but it won't work either way now :S

i talked to my local pc guy.. the following was said during to install;

*** Hardware Malfunction

Please Contact your techical support

*** System Halted

He said reset bios to defaults and amazingly it worked.. so for further reference.. i'd suggest ppl wit the same prob to do the same :)

just had some "new" pc parts brought into college and the same thing was with them, had to set bios to defaults or they wouldnt install, then same again to have two hard discs in there.. wouldnt boot with two hard drives in if bios was set to "first boot device: cdrom"

crazy :)

Glad you got it sorted bud