Ie Hangs.

BradBo

Hi,

I have a new 1.8 Intel computer on a DSL line.I am using IE v.6.02800.

Also I am using XP Home Edition.

A couple weeks ago my IE started hanging.

I log on and surf just fine ,but 1/2 the time if I go to a link it will just lock up and per "Task Manager" it stops respondind.

Sometimes its the page I went to or the original IE screen per task manager.Either way I have to completely out of IE and sart over.

It is really driving me crazy.

I was using a Popup Ad program but it does it whether i use it or not.

Help.I cant do anything online.

Brad

Seattle

Edited by BradBo

ive had this before, the only way i could fix it was uninstalling IE and reinstalling it from the XP cd.

try setting all IE settings back to defaults tho, im sure you know how to do that brad....

as it didnt use to hang.. we should be able to fix this, even if it means reinstalling IE in the end.

May also need to delete IE cookies and files. Tools > Internet Options > Temporary Files.

Be sure to close the browser and reopen it after doing the above. If that does not work open Windows Explorer ( Not Internet Explorer) and manually delete the temporary cache files. May just be a corrupted directory. Reboot Windows and the directory will be rebuilt automatically.

Check your page file and virtual memory settings as well. They may need adjusting.

Lots of things. Let us know.

New PC right? What did you get? Tell us about it.