Virus/Spyware Help

teddy

I'm working on a laptop with some serious spyware/virus issues. One of the real bad ones involves "horse-active.net" or something like that, and another apparently escapes removal and keeps installing tons of files with three random letters in C:\Windows\System32 (I think). Things like hod.exe or ptt.exe or any other combination.

Any thoughts? :realmad:

if you don't have an antivirus or antispy software, download nod32+MS antispyware. They are free.

after installing them, update them with latest definition and run them in safe mode.

it should take care of your problems

I'm working on a laptop with some serious spyware/virus issues.  One of the real bad ones involves "horse-active.net" or something like that, and another apparently escapes removal and keeps installing tons of files with three random letters in C:\Windows\System32 (I think).  Things like hod.exe or ptt.exe or any other combination. 

Any thoughts?  :realmad:

Well first we need to get you to the right forum. Here is where you should be. Then, read this topic and do as instructed. A format is NOT recommended and is a last resort.

I run Norton Anti virus, Norton Firewall, Microsoft AntiSpyware [free from MS], Spybot Search and Destroy [free Google it] and Ad-aware 6 [free Google it].

Then I have MailWasher. It lets you look at your email in your ISP account before you tell it to download. Has a Black list and a friends list. Tells you if the email wasn't for you. You can bounce, delete, or friends or blacklist.

You therefore only download the email you think is OK.

If you aren't sure you can read it on your ISP before downloading to your computer. If you have an anti virus it will block up massages with viruses.

You need antispyware, anti virus, a firewall, and advertisement blockers or removers and a pop up blocker..