Automating winrar tasks

Xable

Ok, i have several folders, each has between 30 and 250 files in them. I need to rar up each individual file.

I have been right clicking, selecting "add to archive" and pressing ok on each file, but this is taking forever.

Is there a way to automate this?, with a bach file or somthing. If not, i might just spend the rest of my life right click, click, click, right click, cli..... :lol:

something like "for 'dirs' on 'path' do 'rar.exe blah blah blah'" of course with the propper terms lol

rar has a simple and full featured commandline that you can use but i think you'll expend almost the same time writting the batch file than rightcliking and selecting "add to>foldername.rar"...

So it looks like it will take just as long to wright a batch than to do it manualy. :}

I usualy disable all context menus accept "add to archive" Thanx for reminded me of "add to>foldername.rar" SiMoNsAyS, should speed things up a bit. :)

...then again...with the script, at least it will save you time in the future if you need to save time again..

for example...

I've spent hours and hours making a script to automate updating of a "CD toolkit" that I make regularly.

If i was to do it manually each time, it would take me 2-ish hrs but now, with very little to do manually, it runs and completes in under 5 mins.

Creates a handy log too - blah blah - all the usual stuff ;) just need to work out timestamping better tho for every action.

my 2 cents lol

Regards,

N.

• 4 months later...

ok ppl i`m resurecting this one :P

i need help finding the correct command to do the following with rar.exe

RAR Format

Best Compression

Solid Archive

Lock Archive

Test archive

Add Comment From File

so far i have

m<5> s[<N>,v[-],e] c k t

but it doesn`t work, i`ve been trying for ages and i`m not getting anywere. Plz help before the pc goes out the window and i go off my rocker. :crazy:

have you tried just creating a new profile in options....

selecting under the 'files' tab

->Put each file in seperate archive

and the setting it as the default profile?

you should be able to select x amount of files at once , r.click ->add to archive, and have each in it's own archive i would think