Any way to get files

Sh4dow

The owner's wife passed away and he doesn't know the passwords to get into the computer. What's the easiest way to get to all the files?

Should I just take out the HD, put it on slave and throw it in my PC? Will I have access to all the files that way? Anyone have any suggestions?

If u r running win xp then just press ctrl +alt+del two times and it will open a box with user name and password.Just type administrator in username box and leave password space blank.Press enter and it will log in then do whatever u want to do.

Thank you for your replies. I used NT Key and reset the Admin password however I received an error when I try to log on :

Unable to log you on because of an account restriction

Any ideas???

NEVERMIND:

Windows XP Home Edition only allows the Administrator account to logon in Safe mode.

It will cost you $$ but Winternal's Software's ERD Commander will do what you want. Though it kind of sounds like the utility you used, NT Key, may have corrupted the SID for the Administrator account. In this case, you might go looking for a back door account to get in if you can't repair the PC.

Any chance a Ghost or other utility took an image of the hard drive before all this happened?