My Website Of The Week

MSNwar

BlackViper.com is my favorite web site of the week.

More of a resource for Windows users that would like to fine tune their Windows Operating System. We all know about the pesky Windows Services that run in the background in almost every edition of Microsoft Windows, i.e. Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP to name a few. BlackViper provides guides to disable and enable Windows Services in a very professional and easy-to-understand fashion.

Why would this be important to Windows users? One word. Performance! How? Basicly, Windows Services run in the background and use RAM (Random Access Memory). RAM is an essential eliment in many ways. When RAM is allocated to running windows services that are not necessary to your configuration then you have a PC that is limited to its performance. The idea is to safely disable specific services and free-up the RAM. The question is "Which services can be safely disabled to free-up RAM and increase system performance?" Enter BlackViper .

BlackViper provides a nice list of those services, what they are, and what they do for your PC. Accompanied by guides that explain how-to enable or disable the services safely on a variety of PCs running the Windows Operating System. Click Here and Scroll Down the Page for the Windows XP Pro and Home List.

There are a number of programs on the internet that are free and may do pretty much the same thing as those suggestions found at the web site. BlackViper may suggest a few that he has tested and found to be okay in his book. However, his visitors, to include myself, found the do-it-yourself method allows us to tailor our PC to our specific criteria. Also found at this web site is his personal settings for popular games. Ooh, I really dug deep into that section!

Hope you enjoy BlackViper as much as I have.

Enjoy :)

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the link MSNwar,

i got a kick out of the copy and paste page

thats dam funny

and i think he is right and should get credit for his hard work

quote:

Only I can mangle the English language with a grammar correct sentence that just "does not sound correct"

just did all the service tweaks.. took about 20minutes... (be nice if id printed it off.. lol) havent rebooted yet.. since the fackin ftp server is still running :) I tried his site before.. but then I set my services as "Gaming tweaks" whatever that is.. then my inet didnt work anymore.. hope these settings do work :rolleyes: