UBCD4Win 2.5 Released

No serious tech can afford not to have this in their toolkit. It's BartPE on steroids with lots of of malware removal, recovery and diagnostic tools.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

What is UBCD for Windows®?? UBCD4Win is a bootable CD which contains software that allows you to repair/restore/diagnostic almost any computer problem. All software included in UBCD4Win are freeware utilities for Windows®. UBCD4Win uses Bart's PE© which is how the CD boots into a Windows® environment. With network support, the ability to modify NTFS volumes, scan a hard drive for viruses, recover deleted files, etc. this project is everything you need to repair your system problems. There are many other types of utilities included to allow you to recover and/or repair a damaged system. Additional applications included are CD Burning, Backup/cloning, Defragmenter's, Password recovery, the list goes on!! Please visit the "List of Tools" page for a complete list of what is included in the latest version of the project.

There are several requirements for building this CD which can and may make it difficult for novices to successfully build the project. Please understand that these requirements and restrictions are due to copyright laws, etc. When starting this project I wanted it to be as easy as possible. I wanted it to be a simple ISO file download just like the original Ultimate Boot CD. I had to weigh the ease of build and functionality very carefully. I decided after much thought and research to use Bart's PE©. But that decision required a different type of build and more steps for the end user. Yes more complicated, but I prefer to think of these additional steps in a positive way. I provide detailed instructions, email support, and the forum for help. Inexperienced users will feel a sense of accomplishment and gain knowledge when they successfully build the CD.

Bart PE is great, the UBCD4Win makes it even better. If you use the plugin for the McAfee Command Line scanner, you can use these switches to get a good scan for viruses and spyware from a clean environment (ie no locked files).

scan.exe /adl /all /analyze /del /mime /program /streams /sub

Type scan.exe without anything after it to see what each of those will do. Basically, this is about the most comprehensive scan it can do, but watch out, that /del switch will delete all files it thinks are infected. I think "/sub" and "/all" may be redundant with the "/adl" switch, but it doesn't hurt anything either.

Get McAfee Command Line scanner here:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/virus-4d.asp

The plugin is part of the official Bartpe, so you'll have to save a copy of it and put it into the plugins folder if you use the UBCD4Win add-on.

@snekul,

you might add that it also has a nice gui for that scanner, plus trend sysclean, mcaffee stinger and AntiVir personal. You are well equipped for virus removal with UBCD. copy download.exe from sysclean folder to mcaffee folder and put this batch in your mcaffee plugin and run to update the scanner. Sysclean already has an updater.

@echo off
del files\*.* /Q
download.exe ftp://ftp.nai.com/CommonUpdater/sdat*.exe files/sdat.exe /newest /delete
files\sdat.exe /E
del files\sdat.exe