Router will got virus?

hi everyone,

just want to ask about router. Will possible router affect virus or worm also? My friend & i facing a problem that, our router unable to assign DHCP to our PC, and we also unable to login into router. What is the problem? It is hardware problem or router get attack??? Thanks

Aska

I have never seen a router being attack as in settings being changed and bios flashed. My router you haave to be hardwired in to the private network to change setting. You canot use the admin interface from the public side or or the wireless connection.

As for the DHCP check all your setting and test wqith another pc if possible. Try to renew the settings from the command box using

ipconfig /renew

I have never seen a router being attack as in settings being changed and bios flashed.  My router you haave to be hardwired in to the private network to change setting.  You canot use the admin interface from the public side or or the wireless connection. 

I wouldn't be too sure about that...

My friend can access his router from the public only because he set it up to do that and when I'm on a wireless network, I always check to see if I can access the router to do some tweaks to it, and most of the time I CAN access it! :P