Very Slow internet connection through wireless

Hello! I have a Wireless G Linksys Router. One computer is connected through cable and works great. The other two PCs are connected through wireless connections. These work great when accessing PCs shares and is very fast copying files, but the internet is VERY slow. This isn't the case for the main PC that is connected through cable... wireless connection is also constantly falling. What should I do? The issue isn't range because signal is excellent!!

WEP is disabled...

Check the DHCP client list to make sure noone else is using your internet connection.

Enable WPA if your other wireless computers support it else WEP is better than nothing, also enable MAC address filtering, it at least gives you some security.

What happens when you use ie? Firefox might have some tweaks for you.

When you talk about slow. Do you think it's slow to launch each site or slow to load all page? Have you done a ping or trace route?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having similar problems.... with Linksys hardware.

The wireless laptop to desktop (speeds are normal (transfer 50MB in a minute or so), but the Internet speeds are WORSE THAN DIALUP.

I have the laptop (Linksys WPC54G) within 2 feet of the router (Linksys WRT54G) all with the latest software/firmware.

Wired Internet speed = 4035 kilobits per second

Wireless Internet speed = 50 kilobits per second

I've ruled out spyware and viruses; cleared the cache; enabled/disabled WEP.

I'm at a loss...