Call of Duty 2 Screenshots!

PaCiNoLiFe

the final version is released sometime in 2006.

ne e, i am from slovakia so i can understand every single word on that page and there is written

Datum vydání: listopad 2005 = > Release time : November 2005

:P so not 2006

Well, even though I do not play games anymore I really am impressed with future versions of these FPS games. Becoming more and more life like (almost).

I have reviewed Battlefield2 and is quite impressive with the new game engine.

It raises a lot controversy of what gaming will be like in 5 years from now or even 10. I can guarantee some sort of VR FPS and MMORPG's. I might start playing when a VR system, like the movie "Thirteenth Floor", comes out and only mature adults can play :D

Ten years ago we were in the 2D age and could not scrape the 3D evolution of gaming. Duke n Nukem was one of the biggest hits.

Fifteen years ago we were in the Pong / Pacman / Tank evolution.

Well, even though I do not play games anymore I really am impressed with future versions of these FPS games. Becoming more and more life like (almost).

I have reviewed Battlefield2 and is quite impressive with the new game engine.

It raises a lot controversy of what gaming will be like in 5 years from now or even 10. I can guarantee some sort of VR FPS and MMORPG's. I might start playing when a VR system, like the movie "Thirteenth Floor", comes out and only mature adults can play  :D

Ten years ago we were in the 2D age and could not scrape the 3D evolution of gaming. Duke n Nukem was one of the biggest hits.

Fifteen years ago we were in the Pong / Pacman / Tank evolution.

I've had pretty much every gaming system and totally agree with you on how much graphics in games are rapidly changing as we even speak. I have a pretty powerful gaming rig that once was viewed as god-like but in a year just graphic cards alone demand a whole new upgrade to keep the Frames Per Sec at a decent level. I remember when DOOM came out and everybody flipped out over those great graphics. LMAO!! :w00t: By the way Supersniper that is a pretty cool banner. Did you make it yourself?

Official news about CALL OF DUTY 2 :w00t:

ACTIVISION'S INFINITY WARD IN DEVELOPMENT ON CALL OF DUTY 2

Santa Monica, CA - April 7, 2005 - Attention soldiers! Activision,

Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and acclaimed developer Infinity Ward are back in

action with Call of Duty 2, an all new epic title which delivers

an unparalleled portrayal of the chaos and intensity that was World

War II. The sequel to the award-winning Call of Duty, Call of Duty

2 is powered by a proprietary new engine featuring striking new

visuals, advanced A.I. technology, the most realistic squad combat and

explosive action in new historic campaigns. The title is scheduled for

release this fall and is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Call of Duty 2 lets players experience four individual soldier stories

as they overcome insurmountable odds in multiple campaigns. Players

have the freedom to follow each of the four storylines through for the

ultimate character-driven experience, or they can engage in the

historic battles chronologically for quick hitting action.

Infinity Ward, creator of the blockbuster, original Call of Duty, has

also expanded the scope of combat to deliver a truly realistic

battlefield experience. Squads now have the freedom to take on a

variety of mission objectives, on expansive battlefields that allow

for multiple paths and the ability to utilize actual combat tactics

like outflanking and fire and maneuver capabilities.

Call of Duty 2's new engine and A.I. technology set the stage for

authentic squad combat and astonishing action. Concealment can be key

as battlefield smoke or even deployed smoke grenades cloud visibility.

Weather effects such as the dusty sandstorms of North Africa and

whiteout blizzard conditions of Russia, for example, will keep

soldiers glued to their bunkers. The team has also employed a

state-of-the-art Battle Chatter System that brings the action to life

as squad-mates bark out context-sensitive updates in real-time to

players through an advanced A.I. system.

"Our team at Infinity Ward is committed to thrusting gamers into the

heat of battle like no other, taking players on a thrill-ride of

adrenaline that leaves everyone gasping for air," states Grant

Collier, president, Infinity Ward. "In Call of Duty 2, we are creating

the most intense and realistic action game imaginable with a stunning

visual atmosphere and an advanced technology that delivers an

unprecedented level of authenticity."

• 2 weeks later...

NEW DETAILS ABOUT CALL OF DUTY 2 :w00t:

04-16-05, 4:19 PM - Will there ever be a World War II game as action-packed and absorbing as Call of Duty? You'd better believe it! At least that's what the Infinity Ward developers are saying. They want Call of Duty 2 to be the most realistic, believable war game to this date. "In order to achieve this, you have to give the player complete freedom in the game. If he's able to do whatever he wants to do, he'll feel more like a genuine soldier" (Lead Designer Zied Rieke in an interview). Because the Quake 3 technology of old would not have been sufficient for Call of Duty 2, Infinity Ward has implemented a new graphics engine. With several modifications, it should allow for tremendous numbers of enemy forces over gigantic battlefields without loss of frame rate.

Rotation Principle

The new non-linear mission design is very interesting. From the start of the map, you're given a slew of objectives all at once. How to accomplish them is completely your decision. If you finish a certain portion, you can either continue on with your current campaign perspective over the actual war story or you can be a totally different soldier and live a new life through an entirely different perspective. If you like a certain campaign in particular, you can play it as one soldier the first time and as any of the others next time. Altogether, you have a collection of different wars to choose from: Private Vassili Ivanovich Koslov's fight with the Red Army for the taking of Moscow and Stalingrad; Corporal Bill Taylor's fight with the US Army Rangers in France and Germany; and the British Sergeant Davis' fight in Egypt and Tunisia against the Desert Fox himself, Erwin Rommel, and the Afrika Korps. Information concerning the fourth campaign has not yet been disclosed by Infinity Ward. The artificial intelligence of the enemy including the realistic military tactics speaks for itself. Moreover, each soldier on the battlefield, Allied and Axis, gets his own unique voice and vocabulary, amounting to about 750 different phrases.

• 2 weeks later...