Need Help On My Sony Cd-rw

when i boot my PC, my CD-RW is detected... but when im into windows, it doesnt show in My Computer,, but b4 it was there & im using it 2 burn my UACD, but now i cant.. i wonder what causes this problm :(

untitled15mi.th.jpg

drive manager? or device manager? in device manager my CD-RW is there but theres a yellow icon, mwaning a problem in the device.. i have tried uinstalling the CDRW and restarting,, it got detected as a new hardware, windows installed it but theres a problem with the registry i think..

i will take a lok at the error again..

drive manager or whatever it's called in english... I'm at work so I'm on a dutch desktop....

Right Click My Computer, Click Manage.. should be there somewhere, above services.. can't remember the english names

But a yellow Icon is never good.. try to remove it in safe mode.. or maybe it's conflicting with something... seen this before, it was conflicting with an outdated NIC... took the NIC out.. redetect went successful... reinsert the NIC and they both worked...

i think i figured out the problem.. i reinstall windows & of course that fixed the prob.. when i reinstall one of my new program "RegistryFix 2.4" & use it to fix my registry.. the same problem occurs :realmad: b4 i reinstall windows this Software is one of my suspected reason & now i think i am correct... i am having the same probelm now :wacko: & i hav no system restore nor registry backup... the best option (4 me) is to reinstall Xp & not to install that proggy again..