Win Xp Home Usb Mass Storage Device Drivers

v3rt!g0

I have a little problem with my pc.

But skipping to the important part, does anyone know the Generic Win XP Home USB Mass Storage Device Driver files? And where to download them (if possible)?

It would be a great help.

Thanks.

Yes the USB Mass torage driver is USBSTOR.SYS. You will also need the inf files if you have to reinstall it. You can find these drivers at http://www.usb-drivers.com/ and since they are in the public domain I have included as an attachment the usbstor to this post. Hope this solves your problem. Also reapplying the latest service pack should reinstall these drivers. If you need the usb general drivers you can get them from http://members.driverguide.com/driver/deta...driverid=264994 you will have to do a free registration, and it is painless.

USBSTOR.ZIP

USBSTOR.zip

If is a generic USB storage device, like a ADS or anything of the sort you shouldnt need to know what the hardware is. And as for what is the USB Controller, that shouldnt matter as well becuase they should all conform to the intel specification so the generic windows drivers should work just fine.

what happened to your computer that you lost these drivers, the usbstor should be in the system32/drivers directory. I will attache the usbstor.inf file as an attahment at the end, but what are other problems? I think that something might be inter-related.

usbstor.inf = in the windows/inf directory.

usbstor.inf

I don't have a clue.

Could have been a targeted virus (albeit a very strange one), me deleting the wrong file, or at the factory where XP was installed on this, someone may have left the file out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I also have a similar problem.

See, here's wats happened. I plugged my USB drive in a PC in a cafe.

It suddenly shows a USB not recognized error message.

Then after that, my USB doesn't work anymore.

It searches for a USB Serial Bus Controller driver.

This also happened to my previous USB driver. Can any one help me?\

Thanx

Well, hopefully you didnt blow the connections. this is what I would do to check it. try pluggin it into several diffrent usb ports on several computers. If one computer does end up finding it then you should be good to go. If no coputer detects it, then open it up, remove the drive and replace it with another one to test. repeat the test above. If it detects then replace the drive with the original one and you should be good to go. If two drives dont work then go and get a new external case. Sorry, and goodluck.

I tried connecting it to others PCs.

It still doesn't work. Nothing pops up.

I think the device itselt is busted but I maybe wrong cause its light still glows when I insert it on my USB port.

So you think I should erase my USBSTOR.sys? And then replace it with the one you provided?

Thanx again for replying.

It could be that "somehow" you have reset something in the device.

Some USB key manufacturers have special software that allows a sort of "low-level" access to the device.

You could/should contact the manufacturer.

jaclaz

• 2 months later...

Thanks a lot, purewaveform for the usbstor.inf file. This is the only place I found it. I had a problem with my Olympus digital camera, contacted their customer support and they told me I may need to install this file. Everything's working fine now and I can download pictures from my camera. Thanks again!