Omega Ati Driver

nowarez

Not sure about the ATI versions but I install the NVidea Omega optimised drivers.

If you run the install package past the point where you choose quality/speed and let the drivers unpack you can then copy the files to your $OEM$ drivers path.

Then cancel the install.

Forgot to say; I also mucho reduco the size by using NVLite from HERE

I suppose you don't want to run setup just like that? I.e., you don't want to install it as a regular application? Because then it will be installed always...

If so, just extract the Omega drivers and put the driver files in a folder like you've read in the guide. Then point to them in the OemPnPDriversPath of your winnt.sif. But what I don't know is how to get the control panel installed as well. You'll have to do some research on that.

Out of curiosity: why do you prefer the Omega drivers? If the official Catalysts are fine for you, you can use my DriverPack Graphics A, which will also install the control panel for you! ;)

DOH

That's right Buletov! But not in all cases.. The omega's support lots of graphics cards the standard Catalysts (so also the ones included in Win XP) don't support.

@nowarez: if you really want the omega's to install, you only have 3 options left:

1. conditional installation:

IF EXIST %SystemRoot%\system32\driverfile.sys (
START /WAIT OmegaDrivers.exe /switches
)

2. regular installation

START /WAIT OmegaDrivers.exe /switches

3. remove the ATI drivers out of Driver.cab (and still add 1.)