Windows Xp Limited And Admin Account

Lazy

Hi. When I first got this computer (Windows XP) each of the people who used this account had equal status and we were all fine with that. My sister has currently change her own status to administrator. She has change my user name to one that is VERY annoying and changed mine and my mums account to limited. In the family, I have the most knowledge of computers and this is why it is so annoying that my sister is adminastrator, and because her sense of humour she likes to change settings that are not for the best and download things that slow down the computer and can potentially contain viruses. My mum doesn't really understand computers so her being admin would be a waste of time seeing as she doesn't even go on it.

So, bringing me to the point, how can I change the status to equal (or even just my name, the one she's given me is awful) or change myself to admin???

Not sure if your sister's acc is Admin or any admin.

If you use XP Home Ed the Admin account pw is blank by default (go to Safe Mode).

If you use XP Pro, blank the Admin account pw (discussed here recently).

Provided it's all for the legit reason of course.

Err if you reinstall over the existing installation but leave the filesystem intact, I think the registry gets reset..so though the OS has no knowledge of the existence of your programs you can still run them by dbl clicking the exe file...

But yeah sucks mate that your sister switched account privileges on you. I think best bet is to get her password...somehow...

u don't need to enter safe mode just go to logon screen hit ctrl+alt+delx 2 then enter administrator in user name and leave password space blank . you will enter a built in administrator account and do whatever u want.