Xbox 360 / Xbox 2

ripken204

@Tokugawapants, that's true, the top of the system is not the same as the final version but again that's the e3 prototype :)

@JasonGW, i can't speak in terms of coding but i must say that i love a bunch of titles that came for ps2 and didn't for xbox.

i'm not pro-ps2 or against-xbox but thinking on the possibilities of the cell processor i must be on ps3 side :P

@Tokugawapants, that's true, the top of the system is not the same as the final version but again that's the e3 prototype :)

@JasonGW, i can't speak in terms of coding but i must say that i love a bunch of titles that came for ps2 and didn't for xbox.

i'm not pro-ps2 or against-xbox but thinking on the possibilities of the cell processor i must be on ps3 side :P

Oh I agree, there were a good number of AAA titles on PS2 (all 3rd party, of course, LOL), including the Metal Gear series, Final Fantasy X (Didn't try X-2) and a number of other RPG's. Pretty much anything that had a PS2 version and an XBox version though, the XBox version was better, hands down. I can't think of any exceptions to this rule.

As for the Cell, I'm not trusting Sony this time around. Last time they swore the same crap about their so-called "Emotion engine" was "three times more powerful than a Pentium III processor", which of course turned out to be totally bogus as we all saw when XBox hit the scene *with* a Pentium III processor, and smacked the PS2's graphics around like the little b***h they are.

I'm reluctant to buy into *any* of the hype right now, *especially* from Sony. They've got a track record of lying about their hardware (observe how they lied about the PS2 being so far beyond Dreamcast, and in fact it was *precisely* in the same league of capability).

We'll just have to wait and see.

Jason